Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound and Music - Behind the Scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bKb5rX9_P1M

A video from our audio guys gives a peek into the sound and music creation process. Hope you find it as fascinating as I did.

I did actually find it quite fascinating. It kind of makes me feel good now knowing that when I will hear a wall shatter in the game it was an actual person smashing a cinder block expressly for this game and not some stock sound from the internet.
    Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
    Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta

Comment

I totally liked that video, that should go on the kickstarter page :-)
      You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Albedoshin View Post
        I totally liked that video, that should go on the kickstarter page :-)
        It already is on the Kickstarter page.

Comment

Awesome medierra!! Awesome!!! Put them in gametrailers.com!!!

PS: Do you know personally this guys!?

Comment

Cool video...very interesting to see how the sound folks go about getting various sound effects.
            "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

I just found that out right now and thanks :P That should help with the process for sure.

Do you work with Crate cause you seem to always be the first person to find this stuff out and post

Originally posted by Keyrock View Post
              It already is on the Kickstarter page.

Comment

Originally posted by Albedoshin View Post
                Do you work with Crate cause you seem to always be the first person to find this stuff out and post
                No I don't work for Crate, but I am wearing out my F5 key.

Comment

Great work, indeed. Can't wait for the game...

Comment

You still manage to beat me with e-mails going right to my phone hahahah

I keep refreshing this page alot as well, maybe crate could hook you up with a custom keyboard that only has F5 keys on it so you dont wear it out :P

Originally posted by Keyrock View Post
                    No I don't work for Crate, but I am wearing out my F5 key.

Comment

awesome vid and very informative. makes you fit everything in the picture!

Comment

way to go! everytime my char breaks through walls in grim dawn, i'll now be imagining dan smirking making short work of those bricks'n'stones. can we have some more shots of his wanton destruction or would that give the local police too many clues? love the update.

Comment

awesome update, nice to see a bit behind the scenes making of the game, and the sounds and music both rock, certainly the music really fits in with the style

nice update
                          Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo87 View Post
                            Awesome medierra!! Awesome!!! Put them in gametrailers.com!!!

PS: Do you know personally this guys!?
                            Yes, Dan Crislip is a good friend who actually worked at Iron Lore on the Dawn of War Soulstorm project. Steve Pardo I don't know quite as well but he works with Dan and I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times in person and working with him for a while now over the internet while he's been composing music for us.

Comment

please move away from the matt uelmen themed songs... it sounds like you've almost copied his style and tried to mix it with overly invasive percussions. the music should be much more like background noise rather than all out orchestral to mask your blunt tries to a 1:1 copy from diablo 1. that's just cheap. find your own style. i love uelmen. what you are doing is sacrilege.
                              LOL

You guys are doing a great job, don't let these trolls bring you down.

Comment

Working...
                              X