X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lyanheart View Post
    Question... probably needs to be answered by medierra or another one of the staff, but others might have some insight.

As I understand how Kickstarter works, If the funding goal of $280,000 is not reached, there will be no funding. However, anything that is raised above the goal is kept. So... why was the number set at $280,000? Why not have set it at, say, $150,000 and be able to hit the goal inside a week, guarantee some funding, and probably overshoot your goal like so many others have?
    From what I have read, for most projects once the target has been met the donations drop off dramatically.
    medierra
    "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

• Just a question I've already read : why not closing this thread and have just the "official one" active about Kickstarter ?
      Just a good o' PC game collector who abhors dematerialisation.
      Legendary fan who fell in love with Grim Dawn since Valentine's Day 2012, yet happy owner of a
      Kickstarter's Hoarder's Edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyanheart View Post
        Question... probably needs to be answered by medierra or another one of the staff, but others might have some insight.

As I understand how Kickstarter works, If the funding goal of $280,000 is not reached, there will be no funding. However, anything that is raised above the goal is kept. So... why was the number set at $280,000? Why not have set it at, say, $150,000 and be able to hit the goal inside a week, guarantee some funding, and probably overshoot your goal like so many others have?
        We wanted to make sure that we'd have enough money to be able to deliver on our goals. $150k would help a lot but it wouldn't be enough to hire all the people we think we really need to ship by August 2013.

Closing this thread to focus discussion in the office KS thread above.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3346
        Last edited by jiaco; 04-20-2012, 04:23 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
        X