X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter Project from HELL!

Sorry if I got anyone overly excited, THE LINK IS NOT UP YET!

Just wanted to update you guys since I've pretty much been working on this god damned beast of a Kickstarter project for about 4 days now and haven't produced any GD updates.

Man, I knew this was going to be some work but its taken a lot more time and been more of a challenge than I was expecting. Not only have I learned that my friends and I are not professional film people but trying to write out the story of your "life's work" for the past two years in a way that will interest and impact other people is really tough.

I feel like I am honing in on a final product but even when I'm finished, I feel like there will still be so much left unsaid.

Actually, that reminds me, one of the pledge rewards I've been thinking about is a book to tell the story of Crate Entertainment and cover the development of Grim Dawn.

I can certainly relate to your concerns. I have a quite similar experience when working on a new article for the Game Info and Features forum. That said: keep it short and sexy.
    Last edited by eisprinzessin; 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM. Reason: removed obsolete word

Comment

Haha, yes, I'm sure you can relate to how sometimes simple updates can take a long time to get out.

Ooh, I'm looking forward to loot! I've often wondered about that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
        Ooh, I'm looking forward to loot! I've often wondered about that myself.
        Hehehe, you funny thing! =))

Actually, that reminds me, one of the pledge rewards I've been thinking about is a book to tell the story of Crate Entertainment and cover the development of Grim Dawn.
        Would love that. =)

Anyway, good to hear about Kickstarter, can't wait to what you come up with!

...now to save some more money to be able to afford it, heh...
        --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

Comment

Sorry if I got anyone overly excited, THE LINK IS NOT UP YET!
          You will pay for this

That would be pretty neat
          Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathwings51

The idea is to f**k sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been f***ed before

Comment

+bring it on, we want the link now!!!

but seriously, I sure you will do well, so take your time to get things right first time, Im sure it will be well worth the effect
            Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

Originally posted by eisprinzessin View Post
              That said: keep it short and sexy.
              A photo of the team in bikini!

Comment

Originally posted by varsovie View Post
                A photo of the team in bikini!

that's has my vote for sure

Comment

Just take your time and do it right.^^
                  It is actually quite exciting to see you in a video talking about GD. Maybe you can get Rhis to make an appearance?

Anyway be confident medierra, you have an amazing product to sell.
                  "It may take centuries to rise but once the Ice starts moving even mountains will yield."
                  - Armant, Prophet of the Northern Empire

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."

Comment

I have seen a few awkward videos on Kickstarter and I don’t doubt that they’ve put more than a few people off from donating to the project.

In my opinion – write a script, act out your lines before getting on camera, and practice the speech or dialogue.

Edit out anything that’s awkward or retake the shot differently.

It also might help to segment the tape with some face-to-face dialog and game-play + dialogue.

Do not stare blankly/indifferently at the camera! Make sure no one does this... it's really strange to see someone do this who wants your money. Lol.

Also, if you do decide to show more of the team on film, make sure it’s brief, or at least make sure no one lingers on screen too long. (That doesn't contribute to the dialogue).

Good luck!

Maybe we should have a pre-viewing to make suggestions?
                    Last edited by Scryer; 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM.
                    _______
                    Legendary Fan & KickStart Supporter

Comment

Epic music from gladiator movie turns crap into masterpiece Put that on the background and you are set haha

Comment

I want a copy of the book, and anything else you guys might post up as prizes.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, this was what first came to mind.

Have you thought up any aspects to commit to if you manage to rake in certain amounts? 2-Handed weapons at x00k? Just sayin.

I wish you good luck! Looking forward to checking out the video, even (especially?) if it's not a AAA production.
                          Praise the sun!

Comment

When are you thinking of starting this medierra - please say later next month I have so little money now for another 2 Kickstarter projects I'm eye balling
                            Spread the Word, Not the game.
                            Grim Dawn - Legendary Supporter

Comment

We want to see all the Crate Lords on film!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X