X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again a subliminal message :
    Please print the game and its soundtrack on a real-life physical material, so I can back $150 for your project !

And its underlying idea :
    Please give us the official soundtracks - it was really difficult to hack those from Titan Quest, but it's so good to hear them on the train.
    Just a good o' PC game collector who abhors dematerialisation.
    Legendary fan who fell in love with Grim Dawn since Valentine's Day 2012, yet happy owner of a
    Kickstarter's Hoarder's Edition.

Comment

Just curious.

What if we've already donated to the project? How does that factor in with the Kickstarter versus the donations that some of us have already made? Because I'll gladly donate again, just curious at how this all pans out.

Comment

Aside from myself, I actually do know at least one person that would be very interested in a book about Crate/Iron Lore and how Grim Dawn came about.

Originally posted by PatMan33 View Post
        Just curious.

What if we've already donated to the project? How does that factor in with the Kickstarter versus the donations that some of us have already made? Because I'll gladly donate again, just curious at how this all pans out.
        I hope you'll get a reply from one of the developers, but I would assume that they will make rewards transferrable (i.e. they give you a game/alpha/beta key and you can apply it to your own account or send it to someone else). Of course, that's just my silly assumption, I could be completely wrong.

Comment

I think maybe you could watch other Kickstarter project films, only the successful ones. Double Fine's Adventure or Wasteland 2. And then judge then for what they are, do a script, be creative, funny, whatever goes on your mind. Just be sure to make a dynamic movie that keeps people's attention.

Comment

The video we've been working on has a funny intro and I don't think we come across as awkward. I'm used to having to get up and present things in front of people, so doing it on camera is kind of relaxing. I can't vouch for the quality of the video as we're not experienced film-makers and didn't want to have to pay for a professional production company using your pre-order money. ; )

So, it definitely won't be Double Fine quality and probably not Wasteland quality either, which also seemed professionally filmed or at least done by someone with better equipment and more experience than us. I think it get's the job done though in terms of entertaining and informing.

The one thing we didn't want to do is just turn on a camera and start talking at people about the game. We know you guys like to be entertained while information is being secretly conveyed to your subconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by PatMan33 View Post
              Just curious.

We're going to work something out so that existing key-holders can get credit toward higher pledges. It is going to be messy, no doubt but, if the project is successful, it will be worth the extra work of processing upgrades.

Comment

Hell I will fund a kickstarter Grim Dawn!
                After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

same here, don't mind if I am credited if I pledge higher tiers or buy a higher tier at full price, as long as I supposr GD Im not too fussy
                  Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

I feel like I am honing in on a final product but even when I'm finished, I feel like there will still be so much left unsaid.
                    I know that feeling. It means you are genuinely interested in what you are doing which means the result will be great. Don't end up like George Lucas, or we will never seen the final product.

Actually, that reminds me, one of the pledge rewards I've been thinking about is a book to tell the story of Crate Entertainment and cover the development of Grim Dawn.
                    As a beta tester of several games, that sounds like a interesting read.
                    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
                    Gigabyte X79-UD5
                    16 GB RAM
                    CPU: i7 3930K
                    GPU: GTX Titan, Driver 344.48 (24 October)
                    Soundcard: Creative SB Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro PCIe
                    Monitor 27'' @ 2560*1440
                    All running at stock speeds.

Comment

Medierra, just be honest. That's the biggest thing. Flashiness is fine, but when it comes right down to it the most successful kickstarters i've seen have been the ones where the people behind the projects have been honest and who obviously have a passion for the thing they're working on, be it film or computer games or board games or what have you. Heck, there's even one for a tabletop mini game that lets you create your own mini mechs out of lego.

Word of mouth is your greatest ally. I'm going to pester my friends about this. We've already got a thread about it over on the Runic Games forums (In fact, tho I can't speak for the RG devs, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of em kicking in-I'm starting to see more and more game companies and indie devs especially sticking together and supporting each other, instead of looking at each other as 'competition' and it's so awesome).

Soon as your kickstarter is up, i'm all aboard.
                      http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zidders/
                      "Shared pain is lessened.Shared joy is increased.Thus we refute entropy."
                      -Spider Robinson

Comment

...Anyways Bruno you make that book and I'll will probably pledge whatever dollar amount that requires to get. In fact take my credit card now and have your way with it.

Last edited by Rainier Wolfcastle; 03-28-2012, 04:27 AM.
                        Oppa is Gangnam style!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Comment

The video

Maybe something like the Braveheart speech...

Aye, contribute and it will cost.
                          Leave, and you'll have more money... at least a while.
                          And sitting bored at your pc, many months from now,
                          would you be willing to trade a few of those dollars,
                          and the interest they earned,
                          for one chance,
                          just one chance,
                          to come back here and tell the developers
                          that they may take our money,
                          but they'll never take, our GRIM DAWN!!!

Comment

A few suggestions for the video:

1. Don't complain about the trouble you've had making the game. I know you've had a hell of a time, but it really put me off in the Wasteland 2 video, it just seemed so bitter.

2. Focus on what you do best. Double Fine's video was great because Schafer's a really funny guy. Don't worry about being funny if that's not your strongest point, focus on your strengths and frame the video around them. It also doesn't need to be live-action. You've got game footage, you should use it.

3. I really dig inXile's "Kicking It Forward" thing, seems like a good way to build extra good will.

Comment

If I was visiting a kickstarter page with the intention of working out whether I wanted to pledge or not, some positives for me would be a gameplay video to get a tangible idea of what I'm supporting, and a sense of my money being put to good use - that there's a definite advantage for these guys to reach that next tier instead of "well we already have enough money really, but more would be nice".
                              Praise the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                                We're going to work something out so that existing key-holders can get credit toward higher pledges. It is going to be messy, no doubt but, if the project is successful, it will be worth the extra work of processing upgrades.
                                Cool beans!

Heck, I'll probably just pledge up to the next level if you do that. Really looking forward to the final result!!

No pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X