*Exaggerated promise of how many times I'll watch the video!*

*Short paragraph nit-picking what isn't finalized!*

*Shameless butt-kissing for more content*

*Pointless comparison to D3!*

*BIG words describing pretty skill colors!*

*Fake commitment to advertise game to friends!*

*Dreamy prediction of Grim Dawn overtaking the internet!*

Comment

The most important question: Have you sent a link to all the press that are interested (such as Rock, Paper, Shotgun and the like)?
      Proud Member of the Patriotic Grim Dawn Criticism Club

Comment

Originally posted by MrFreckle View Post
        *Adjective with exclamation!*

*Over-excited comment about fast-pacedness!!*

*Exaggerated promise of how many times I'll watch the video!*

*Short paragraph nit-picking what isn't finalized!*

*Shameless butt-kissing for more content*

*Pointless comparison to D3!*

*BIG words describing pretty skill colors!*

*Fake commitment to advertise game to friends!*

*Dreamy prediction of Grim Dawn overtaking the internet!*
        LOL! Totally nailed it
        My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

Very nice video: great environments, good music, graphics look nice when everything is moving.

Not sure I am fan of those lightning bolts falling from the skies though.
          On another note, I was so much hoping for the skilltree to appear when you hit the new level, but I guess that will be for other screenshots/videos (maybe those skilltrees are not finalized yet!).
          - Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftaghn!
          - Gesundheit.

My channel (aka "proof that I am really wasting my time with random things"):

Comment

Very, very nice! Thank you medierra! I'll sleep well tonight after getting this fix of Grim Dawn

I think my favorite part is the summoning effects. It goes so perfectly with the Occultist theme, and makes good sense.

Looks like the video's getting lots of love in the YouTube comments. But who, WHO could possibly dislike it enough to give it that 1 dislike?! Do they just hate games in general and go around disliking every video about games?

Originally posted by inklimited View Post
            That was great. Loadsa 'spolsions and stuff. Y'know?

I like the highlighting of the enemy you're aiming at. Nice touch.
            Haha, I watched the entire video without noticing that highlighting once. After reading this comment, and rewatching a few moments of it, I noticed it very clearly, but it's certainly not intrusive at all.
            Donít be afraid! Itís simple math. Block of cheese, plus tortillas, plus heat, equals melted goodness and the key to discovering Truth. ... Substitute your brain and The Oracle where appropriate.
            -- Lucious Aldin

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
              Wait till you see the hero [gazers]
              Originally posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
              Are there any hero enemies yet? (toxeus the murderer?)
              Isn't this a hero gazer (from the right upper corner)? It is called Overmind (Aether Corruption).
              Last edited by eisprinzessin; 03-16-2012, 06:48 AM. Reason: added Overmind

Comment

Looks great!

*please allow us to disable the Red monster highlighting (bit amateur night).
                r/Grimdawn
                www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn

Comment

Hmm..how to put this..no offense..I liked it, but:

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  For a "grim" game there sure is a lot of colour in the spells and effects! It will take some getting used to after TQ.
                  2. The environment and combat seems quite boring because of the sounds. I mean, the sounds are dull, uninteresting, low quality, almost no ambient sounds, no scary monster sounds, nothing...this disappointed me "a bit". Maybe it's just the video quality, maybe it's my bad mood, sorry for this criticism, but it is how I feel it after watching the footage. =/

3. What does not help much either is no loot drops on the video (if I did not miss it).

I need to watch the footage few more times..and at home.
                  Last edited by i.n.s.a.n.e; 03-16-2012, 07:37 AM.
                  --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

Comment

I agree with insane that there are a bit too much of *cough* colors. The backdrop is great but could help with a little less spell-effect colors. Else, the video is great. Can't wait for more
                    Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathwings51

The idea is to f**k sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been f***ed before

Comment

all I can say is WOW!!! is this the same engine used in TQ? as GD looks far better, yeah I see no loot drops either, so will that be something yet to add and finalise? but I think we wanted a combat vid, and this is what we got, would be cool to know some of the spells used

otherwise I love the vid, love the HUD, music was epic, and may restore faith back into the game, when faith may have dropped off a bit.

and seriously is this game in pre alpha? the way it looks and plays, doesn't look pre alpha to me, and yes the speed of combat is way faster, looks like you need to keep focused

matthewfarmery kneels infront of the almighty Crate lords in thanks for an awesome video

it was well worth the wait, thanks for taking the time to do it, as it looks far better then TL2 and D3 combined!!
                      Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

Lookin' sexy, Crate! Looks awesome, especially for pre-alpha. I might just be able to convince my mates to let me get a pre-order!
                        http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zidders/
                        "Shared pain is lessened.Shared joy is increased.Thus we refute entropy."
                        -Spider Robinson

Comment

After watching the video, I fell like the map area name shown at the UI hub there is a bit... annoying.
                          Just feel like didn't needed to show the name the map name all the time while you are in the same area...
                          Once a Legendary Fan Edition Grim Dawn Supporter
                          Upgraded to Co-op Digital Deluxe Edition

Comment

Originally posted by i.n.s.a.n.e View Post
                            2. The environment and combat seems quite boring because of the sounds. I mean, the sounds are dull, uninteresting, low quality, almost no ambient sounds, no scary monster sounds, nothing...this disappointed me "a bit". Maybe it's just the video quality, maybe it's my bad mood, sorry for this criticism, but it is how I feel it after watching the footage. =/
                            Am I really the only one who feels the sounds are pretty bad, competely breaking the game atmosphere? I know I am sounds-junkie, but don't tell me it is just me.. =(

Quoting myself, what a day!
                            --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by i.n.s.a.n.e View Post
                              Am I really the only one who feels the sounds are pretty bad, competely breaking the game atmosphere? I know I am sounds-junkie, but don't tell me it is just me.. =(

Quoting myself, what a day!
                              I feel we don't have to worry so much and "nit-pick" about all the little things. The video looks so damn good that we have to remember that this is a pre-alpha game.
                              My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

Originally posted by Kluga View Post
                                I feel we don't have to worry so much and "nit-pick" about all the little things. The video looks so damn good that we have to remember that this is a pre-alpha game.
                                Finding a "bad" or insufficient sound system is "nit-picking"? It is, in my opinion, the thing that makes the atmosphere, not some stupidity like, for instance, a bad font. Without proper sounds you can scratch almost any game (especially this genre) that wants to be successful in immersing the player into it.

But well, I will keep silent, it seems it is really just me and I do not want to sound any more offensive, heh. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X