• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What doth approacheth?!

Attached Files

It's Alive!!

Seriously cool stuff though.
    Now playing:

PC: Mount and Blade : Napoleonic Wars, League of Legends, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

PS3: ---

Waiting for: Grim Dawn, Warcraft 4.

Comment

Sir I believe that's an obelisk. I don't know why you'd ask here on the forum when it's in the file name. Geez.
      Praise the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Roros View Post
        Sir I believe that's an obelisk. I don't know why you'd ask here on the forum when it's in the file name. Geez.
        What the hell are you talking about?
        Now playing:

PC: Mount and Blade : Napoleonic Wars, League of Legends, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

PS3: ---

Waiting for: Grim Dawn, Warcraft 4.

Comment

Heh it was in response to the thread title.
          Praise the sun!

Comment

I think he was poking fun at Aledog's post title in the form of a question as you can see the creatures name in the file name.

It is indeed an obelisk - an aetherial obelisk to be precise. It is an abomination formed out of earth and the flesh of unlucky creatures absorbed into it. At it's core is a giant crystal imbued with vast aetherial energy. The purpose of the obelisk is to transform portions of the world to be more suitable for aetherial habitation.

Comment

God damnit I want this game. <3
              Blood for the Blood god!

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                It is an abomination formed out of earth and the flesh of unlucky creatures absorbed into it. At it's core is a giant crystal imbued with vast aetherial energy. The purpose of the obelisk is to transform portions of the world to be more suitable for aetherial habitation.
                normally I'd smite any abomination but if it makes the world look cooler then I may just let it live. Then again this aetherial energy...I wish to harness its power!

Comment

If those hooked tentacle thingies don't shoot out, hook the player and yank them into melee range I'm gonna be disappointed.

On second thought....God, I hope they don't do that. lol
                  Cavar
                  Legendary Key Holder since February 2010

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                    It is an abomination formed out of earth and the flesh of unlucky creatures absorbed into it.
                    Ah sounds like my favorite Dungeons and Dragons monster! The Living Wall.
                    "My Honor Is My Life" - The Oath and Measure of a true Knight.

Legendary Key holder.

Comment

Good job!

I looks like a Grim Dawn Christmas tree

Comment

Oh my... /love!

So, you are telling me, the brown matter is human flesh? Oh boy...and the skulls?! YEAH! Perfect!!

As Cavar mentioned, what would be its attack style/animation, medierra, please?

Originally posted by Cmelda13 View Post
                        Good job!

I looks like a Grim Dawn Christmas tree
                        =)))
                        --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

Comment

It looks somewhat lovecraftian! 0_0 Me likes! Very nice job. ^^
                          - Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftaghn!
                          - Gesundheit.

My channel (aka "proof that I am really wasting my time with random things"):

Comment

great design! and description.

i assume we will be able to destroy them right? will they be like the dark obelisks in TQ or will they add up to the scenery?

Comment

That thing looks awesome! I hope the in-game version can look that good.

I also like the lore tidbit, sounds like its shaping up nicely.
                              _______
                              Legendary Fan & KickStart Supporter

Comment

Working...
                              X