X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grim Music!

The very talented musicians we've been working with to create the music for Grim Dawn had a recording session recently and came up with this first track:

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_music.php

Sounds great!

But who are these mysterious musicians? :0

Comment

I'm impressed. Sounds good!

Comment

Sounds very good...excited to see the song matched up with the game someday
        "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

An audio post has been a long time coming, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I've been working with a good friend to compose and record the score for the game, and I think everyone will be happy with the end result.
          Enjoy the silence.

Comment

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

TECHNOmancer
            "We already know Crate has talented people as well...do we need to pretend Blizzard has a bunch of monkeys sitting around slapping keyboards to appreciate what Crate is doing with Grim Dawn?" -- Renevent

"There seems to be a distinct lack of appreciation of what it takes to create something." -- Renevent

Comment

Originally posted by Soundz View Post
              An audio post has been a long time coming, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I've been working with a good friend to compose and record the score for the game, and I think everyone will be happy with the end result.
              How are these songs composed? Is that real instrumentation or synthesized computer generated sounds?
              "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

thx for muzax sneak peek! great one! keep up the great work!
                Official Legendary Grim Dawn Contributor (Diablo III KiLLeR )King among RPGZ! Chop it !

Gold Reward:

Silver Reward:

Comment

How we do it.

Originally posted by Renevent View Post
                  How are these songs composed? Is that real instrumentation or synthesized computer generated sounds?
                  A combination of both is typically the standard for soundtracks these days, where there isn't a budget to hire a full orchestra. The real instruments played are the piano, tambourine, flute, duduk, and some of the percussion. The remaining instruments were private instrument banks created in Gigastudio, Logic, and Fruity Loops amassed over 15 years of composition. Everything was recorded in real-time, however, because pre-quantized instruments, no matter how realistic, always sound less real.
                  Last edited by Soundz; 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM.
                  Enjoy the silence.

Comment

Thanks, always wondered about that stuff.

Comment

The music sounds like a cross between Akira Yamaoka and Basil Poledouris. Sort of Silent Hill meets Conan, I really like it!
                      After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

Nice stuff. I was just going to make a post about the music.

That track had a slight "western shootout at high noon" feel to it about half way through. I like it.
                        medierra
                        "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

Excellent atmosphere !

Originally posted by Void(null) View Post
                          The music sounds like a cross between Akira Yamaoka and Basil Poledouris. Sort of Silent Hill meets Conan, I really like it!
                          And very good taste.

Comment

OMG. I listened to this in class. Everyone looked over at me, had my iPhone up to loud (lol, advertisement!).

AMAZING :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Farout! Thats impressive! It's got dark Grim Dawn all over it and makes me think "Man, this is for real" Thanks so much for the update/sneek-peek
                              Grim Dawn supporter & promoter! ...all the way from New Zealand ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X