Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic
    hope the other tracks are as good as this

Comment

Reminds me a bit of some Diablo 2 music, namely the Lut Gholein track. Still has lots of its own flavor though. I enjoyed it and look forward to enjoying it a lot more in the future as me and my bud play for hours on end!

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
        The very talented musicians we've been working with to create the music for Grim Dawn had a recording session recently and came up with this first track:

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_music.php
        This song is awesome

Comment

Wow, had to drop my bass a little. that's some crazy deep frequencies going on there. This has a great feeling to it, i get a Kurast vibe from it yet its very unique.

I like it... A lot... If i didn't know better i would swear your the guys that worked on Anarchy Online... Specifically the Clan Nights loops Set and it has a sort of Omni Trade district Loop set feeling too.. Are you the AO composers? Regardless this is wonderful... please release more if your allowed!

Sweet Jumping Jehoshaphat could you do an auto sequencing script for the game ALA Anarchy Online for a unique musical score as you play?
          “The Blood of my Enemy's will wash my Sins away, in the GRIM DAWN of a new Day”

Comment

Excellent work. I already imagined myself in the dark cayrn while listening to that music (:

Comment

If you need some Theremin based sound effects I'm sure Bill Bailey with his allround musical genius would be happy to oblige, heck he might even be willing to help out with music as well.
              medierra
              "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

For a Theremin to work science has determined that you must be 35% crazy, 40% genius and 25% Robot.
                “The Blood of my Enemy's will wash my Sins away, in the GRIM DAWN of a new Day”

Comment

The music sounds good. A nice mix of sounds that is enjoyable, but doesn't get in the way of focusing on the game-play itself.
                  Usually I mute the music or tone it down (in most games, but not all), but I will likely keep this going.

Comment

This sounds really great! The start reminded me of the Vault City theme from Fallout 2 and the rest of it also has a similar vibe to Mark Morgan's tracks. Very atmospheric.

Comment

I'm not really good with sound but great works!

Btw, Borderlands music theme when fighting enemies and boss is good and quite proper for APRG too.

Comment

I would like to request that at least one boss has "heavy metal" style battle music... Victorian-era heavy metal boss fight = heaven.
                        Proud Member of the Patriotic Grim Dawn Criticism Club

Comment

Shouldn't this file be called Devil's Crossing .

Sounds really good, looking forward to the rest of the music.

Comment

Originally posted by gdansk View Post
                            I would like to request that at least one boss has "heavy metal" style battle music... Victorian-era heavy metal boss fight = heaven.
                            You're joking right? This is a troll, right?

If there's anything that's so extremely over done so phenomenally cliche it's "heavy metal" music to boss fights. If anything, pray they do NOT include it.

Also, the music clip in the first post is nice, but dangerously close to "generic moody game music". I like the sad guitar (might not be a guitar, I dunno). Though it could have been emphasized even more, because that's what really sells the tune for me.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't call it generic.
                              It doesn't have a really obvious hook like the Titan Quest theme or anything, but I think it stands out pretty well.

It reminds me of John Murphy (28 Days Later, et al).
                              He's actually my favorite composer right now, so that's cool.

That style is getting really popular as we speak, but it's not ubiquitous or tired yet.

Anyway, not saying it's derivative or anything, it just reminds me of John Murphy, who I think is pretty edgy right now as opposed to more conventional composers.

Comment

Originally posted by Betrayer View Post
                                I certainly wouldn't call it generic.
                                It doesn't have a really obvious hook like the Titan Quest theme or anything, but I think it stands out pretty well.
                                No, not generic. I take that back about being close to it too. Like I said, I love that sad guitar. It's quite wonderful for the mood.
                                Last edited by Flakk; 04-23-2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X