No announcement yet.
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. But I still believe well-known stretch goals can have the same impact when they concern a whole category of backers (for example, Linux portage), because for them it's like the game is still not already fully funded.

I hope !

That's why stretch goals must be written on the top of the main page of the project. So everyone can read at first sight why there's still a challenge.
    Just a good o' PC game collector who abhors dematerialisation.
    Legendary fan who fell in love with Grim Dawn since Valentine's Day 2012, yet happy owner of a
    Kickstarter's Hoarder's Edition.

Comment

• Now I REALLY hope we get to $350k... it would be a crime for GD to not include Dual-wield Pistols!
      Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

Comment

• Oh man after seeing those stretch goals I really want to see us get up there. I would love more areas and bosses.
        Who doesn't like orange. oooooOOOOOooooorange

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyanheart View Post
          Now I REALLY hope we get to $350k... it would be a crime for GD to not include Dual-wield Pistols!
          350k should be no problem, in fact we might meet that goal before the weekend is over, which would be awesome.
          Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
          Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta

Comment

• Now here is a nice endorsement from someone who knows what they are talking about

"Eric Sexton
            As one of the original Design Team members of Diablo 1 and 2, I am more excited for Grim Dawn than I am for Diablo 3. =)"

If that doesnt blow Arthur over I dont know what will.
            medierra
            "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kardiophylax View Post
              There is no reason to rush out "stretch goals" without thinking them through first.
              I'd completely agree with you if I'd not talk about such a list even prior Grim Dawn KS has started. These stretch goals should be thought far before the main goal is reached - and it seems they were as the list appeared pretty soon We still have whole 7 days to go and now as I can see Crate team have done pretty everything to maximize their funding and still keep a realistic expectations. Now we really can just sit down and see the final race. And Crate can start to plan particular funding implementations as soon they will get resources to make things better More or less - we'll see next week.
              My GD videos appear here:
              http://www.youtube.com/user/RavenGrimDawn

Comment

• Woohoo, 330k! The pledges seem to be coming in at a pretty good and steady rate. Next up, we're closing in on 8k backers.
                Last edited by Keyrock; 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by garkham View Post
                  Just to illustrate how last days rush could be impressive : Republic

They will raise $200k in 2 or 3 days, whereas they just rose 300k in 28 ones...
                  Any idea what they did to pull that off (other than not meeting their goal otherwise so all backers had incentive to increase their pledges) ?

Comment

• Yeah dual gun wielding should really be includedl in the game. Still waiting for dual shielding :-P
                    Legendary order and digital deluxe edition

Comment

• Originally posted by mamba View Post
                      Any idea what they did to pull that off (other than not meeting their goal otherwise so all backers had incentive to increase their pledges) ?
                      They had a great tag line, "Keep Hope Alive". They extended the game to almost everyone e.g. including mac and pc etc. They shamelessly used their contacts in the industry to promote their underdog game. They made it personal to backers by making it seem impossible by,in my estimation, poor planning. In the end I'd be surprised if they can really produce something that such a disparate crowd will be satisfied with. I think the extraordinary thing is that so many people committed so much for so little - but that will happen also on Kickstarter. Once celebrity status is established then anything is possible - I suspect GD will not become such a project and every mile of this fundraising road will have to be walked. It saddens me a little that sometimes celebrity or simple emotional manipulation outweighs other qualities that I value more but int he end, I too am a victim of solipsism.

Edit to say that I have added my own tag line or signature: The night is darkest before the Grim Dawn! Perhaps we can keep the Kickstarter comments going with a mixture of pithy and encouraging comments.

Last edited by koovan; 05-11-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• We're over 8000 backers and today is looking to be a really good day, already better than the previous two. We may well get 15k today alone and will likely pass 335k before the day ends. I think 350k before the weekend ends is very realistic.

Comment

• I am thinking of going for the $35 pledge, but I am wondering what's beta going to be like. Is there any topic on the forums that mentions this or is it simply a 3 month early access to the game (which is already pretty good)?

Comment

• $334,000. Its climbing at a good rate I think st least. I don't think there has been much talk of the beta but there is a thread somewhere that talks about it but I forget where I saw it hahahaha :-)

Found it for ya, its in the developer updates section in the state of the game address. hope that helps :-)
                            Last edited by Albedoshin; 05-11-2012, 10:21 PM.
                            You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

• Hate to be "that guy", but most of those stretch goals should really just be "goals" that the devs automatically strive for during the development process.

Was sort of expecting Crate to incentivize their stretch goals with unique or interesting content per backer.

While my desire to show continued support for Crate is strong it's definitely not because of those stretch goals...
                              Legendary Fan Edition Supporter

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimspoon View Post
                                Was sort of expecting Crate to incentivize their stretch goals with unique or interesting content per backer.
                                Such as? I was pretty happy with some of the goals since I thought they could definitely bring some new / unplanned content to the game... but now I'm wondering what others feel might be/should have been... I did notice some new tiers with unique content...

Comment

Working...
                                X