X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kluga View Post
    You can use Kicktraq to see where we're headed. According to current trends we may get close to 500k
    That's not entirely accurate. See that assumes that donations are the same every day when it predicts the trending total. And for most kickstarters the first and last 2 days get way more donations the the rest. For example on the third day when we had just come off our first two day spike Kicktraq said we were trending twords like $2.5m or some such. It's more accurate to take the average per day after the 3rd or so day and calculate it out from there. at the current trend were getting about 7.5k daily. So with 15 days left and a current total of about 255'000 that leaves us with.

(7'500*15)+255'000=367'500

But as I said usually there is a spike on the last two days so I'm going to guess that number is going to be about 400k.
    Who doesn't like orange. oooooOOOOOooooorange

Comment

• With 'only' $25k to go, we'll hopefully see it funded by the end of the weekend, or monday at the latest. That should generate another slew of articles, bringing in new people and those who held off until they were sure of the Kickstarter succeeding. And yes, if the trend holds (though interest in computer games KS projects seem to be waning fast at the moment) the last few days should bring in a lot more. I'm certainly hoping for $500k+ total, but I'll be pessimistic and go for a $420k-$450k end result.
      Grim Dawn Kickstarter backer #137: Digital Deluxe Edition

Comment

• I posted this in another thread but no one has taken the idea up...dunno why.

This is a sure fire way of getting publicity for Grim Dawn, from Jack Whites book "Mystery of Making IT"(edited to suit this project)...

"Here is the formula that never fails to give a lot of exposure. I will personally guarantee 100% satisfaction if you follow this fail-proof plan. You may become the most exposed Gamer of this generation. Ready to give it a try?

Once you have notified the media about your intentions, be on time. Put a keyboard/mouse in your mouth and stand in the busiest spot in the best mall in your area. Oh yes, you will need to wait until the mall is packed with people. It works best if you select times around Christmas Eve, Valentine’s, Easter or Mother’s Day. Maybe try one of those Back to School sales. Strip off your clothes as fast as you can and make five to seven mad dashes around the fountain, in and out of stores, and keep running until the security guards catch and arrest you. When they do catch you, explain you are a Gamer wanting to promote Grim Dawn's Kickstarter projectand are seeking exposure. You are sure to be on the six o’clock news. Your children’s friends will see you. You will have your picture on the front page of the daily rag. You will have real exposure. I can promise you, this trick never fails."

...still waiting for someone to follow through with it.

That, or someone who uses Facebook/twitter/etc should keep trying to get Felicia Day to mention Grim Dawn, out of her 1.9mill twitter followers there's sure to be a few interested in Grim Dawn.
        medierra
        "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

• Sigh... no hope for a Mac port then Hope someone makes a nice Wine wrapper or something so I can play with you guys.

Comment

• Hi Crate !

I'm currently backing "No Reward" for an internationally shipped Hoarder's Edition with an existing Legendary key. So I backed $212 (+ $48 = $260 = $250 + $10). I would endly like to give a little bit more just for the support.

Would it be possible for me to back $250 and select "Hoarder's Edition" but continue to have just my historical pre-ordered Legendary key (plus the bonus one) internationally shipped ? I'm just afraid that it would be considered as a "New product" and then have 3 keys but without shipping of my Hoarder's Edition...
            Just a good o' PC game collector who abhors dematerialisation.
            Legendary fan who fell in love with Grim Dawn since Valentine's Day 2012, yet happy owner of a
            Kickstarter's Hoarder's Edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by harlequ1n View Post
              Sigh... no hope for a Mac port then Hope someone makes a nice Wine wrapper or something so I can play with you guys.
              Well, Titan Quest works well using WINE, in Linux anyway, I have no experience running WINE on a Mac. Seeing as Grim Dawn uses the same engine, albeit modified, I would think it wouldn't be too long before it ran at least somewhat well (a few glitches, missing graphical options) through WINE, if not from day one.
              Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
              Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Costume Quest 1 & 2

Comment

• Originally posted by mamba View Post
                Originally posted by eisprinzessin View Post
                Go to Manage My Payment Authorizations on amazonpayments - there you can see your pending authorizations.
                Hm, I had two authorizations for the GD kickstarter, my original pledge and my increased pledge. I thought upping my pledge would cancel out the initial pledge, apparently it does not, even though KS only shows the later amount.

Anyone who upped their pledges might want to check this...
                You could contact KS (link is in the footer on their site) regarding this and post their response here. I did not find anything regarding this in their FAQ.

Comment

• It is just too bad that people without credit card still cannot support the game.
                  When i saw Amazon payment options on Kickstarter i hoped i could, but it also just offers credit cards... Would have been so nice to use the normal Amazon payment methods or Paypal, so i guess many people as me still cannot support

Comment

• Originally posted by GhundiPI View Post
                    With 'only' $25k to go, we'll hopefully see it funded by the end of the weekend, or monday at the latest. That should generate another slew of articles, bringing in new people and those who held off until they were sure of the Kickstarter succeeding. And yes, if the trend holds (though interest in computer games KS projects seem to be waning fast at the moment) the last few days should bring in a lot more. I'm certainly hoping for $500k+ total, but I'll be pessimistic and go for a $420k-$450k end result.
                    I don't think we'll ever make it up to 400k or even 500k for that matter the way the funds are coming in but I can at least see being around $320k or $350k at the least and I think Crate will at least be happy with that but lets hope I'm wrong and can make it up to $400k or $500k at the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eisbrecher View Post
                      Would have been so nice to use the normal Amazon payment methods or Paypal, so i guess many people as me still cannot support
                      I agree... being able to use Paypal, I think, would have helped tremendously.
                      Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtydog2k3 View Post
                        I don't think we'll ever make it up to 400k or even 500k for that matter the way the funds are coming in but I can at least see being around $320k or $350k at the least and I think Crate will at least be happy with that but lets hope I'm wrong and can make it up to $400k or $500k at the least.
                        With two weeks to go and at the 92% mark what you are saying here is pretty much where I currently think it is going to land but you never know. Part of it depends on the crowd of people that never commit to something like this until it actually crosses the success line.

Another interesting day to watch will be what happens right after D3 comes out. While it is near the end of their drive when pledges typically see a bit of a boost it is also possible that some may look at D3 only to find out that it isn't the game they thought it was going to be and want to invest in future of something that looks like it may end up being more their style.

Comment

• Just to verify, if I change my fund amount up and have already send in an upgrade request email I dont need to do anything else - you will determine my tier at the end based upon the total amount of my contribution at the end of the drive, correct?

Just bumped up my contribution amount to Hoarders when you add in the legendary credit.

Comment

• I can't wait to see the outcome of the project, I'm thinking it may even go above the $500,000 mark. All that's really needed is a couple big updates and pay pal would help a ton, too bad for that.

I also Love your name and band Eisbrecher :-D
                            You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eisbrecher View Post
                              It is just too bad that people without credit card still cannot support the game.
                              When i saw Amazon payment options on Kickstarter i hoped i could, but it also just offers credit cards... Would have been so nice to use the normal Amazon payment methods or Paypal, so i guess many people as me still cannot support

You could try a prepaid credit card :
                              http://www.paidbycash.com/
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3V_(payment_system)

We have a thread dedicated to this problem :
                              http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2172

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkShrike View Post
                                Just to verify, if I change my fund amount up and have already send in an upgrade request email I dont need to do anything else - you will determine my tier at the end based upon the total amount of my contribution at the end of the drive, correct?

Just bumped up my contribution amount to Hoarders when you add in the legendary credit.
                                Originally posted by Rhis View Post
                                As long as you have emailed the upgrades address with your details, you should be good, regardless of the reward option you actually selected.

What will happen is at the end of the project (if the goal is met), everything will be tabulated based on contributions + credits, and then an email will be sent out stating what rewards the system thinks you will be in line for. At that point, if for some reason you want to be adjusted down so as to not receive physical stuff, etc, then you will have an opportunity to let us know.
                                Originally posted by Rhis View Post
                                After the project ends (if the goal is reached), everything will be figured out, and all the upgraders will get an email that states exactly what we have them in line for.

If something somehow goes wrong with our calculation, you will have plenty of chance to let us know.
                                short answer: correct --- long answer: read your emails after the kickstarter campaign

Comment

Working...
                                X