HOMEGAME GUIDEMEDIAFORUMBuy Now!CRATE

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kluga View Post
    Well, I finally got off my behind and backed via the $85 tier. I'm additionally already a legendary supporter but Crate can keep my extra $48

    I think we're just currently in a lull during the middle section of the KS. There was the crazy excitement during the initial announcement which saw us get 100k in no time. I think as we near the end there might be a mad rush as well. But based on our current trajectory, I think we should at least meet the goal fairly easily.
    I totally didn't just do the same thing... ;-)

    More than happy to put as much spare change as I can into Grim Dawn. Would put more if I could...
    Come visit my YouTube Channel! www.youtube.com/user/5T3V3N5ify

    Comment


    • Originally posted by medierra View Post
      So, all things considered, I think we're doing rather well. It at least demonstrates that our success doesn't just hinge on luck and opportune timing. I think the best course right now, is to continue trying to get more attention and that is what we're focused on.
      I'm becoming convinced that it has nothing to do with how you set up the KS project, which in my opinion is one of the best out there anyway, or a lack of throwing around big names out of gaming history. This is all about how people are incapable of seeing beyond their blinkered view. Personally I'm hugely disappointed in the lack of reaction from (so called) ARPG fans on the GD KS project. Which is amazing as this GD community is doing such hard and great work of promoting this where ever possible. But even when there is discussion of negative elements from current or upcoming ARPGs, and someone kindly points out on how GD improves or doesn't even have those features, it just gets completely ignored. It is like those people are not even able to see, or comprehend, anything to do with GD. Which just makes me feel like a certain kid who sees Bruce Willis at the most awkward moments...

      It looks like that in this day and age a lot of people need to be force fed a broader horizon, need to be hand holded when looking for something new, or (even worse) need the opinion of someone else to copy and believe to be their own. So yes, the only thing you (and we) can do at the moment is to keep up stream of information, get as many of the bigger sites to mention GD, and hope that the initial goal is met sooner rather than later as that will also generate a lot of attention.

      Frankly I find the current amount of backers to be atrocious and an insult to you guys at Crate. And if this doesn't at least double (10k+) by the end of the project, it would feel like a serious disappointment to me.
      Last edited by GhundiPI; 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM.
      Grim Dawn Kickstarter backer #137: Digital Deluxe Edition

      Comment


      • A couple of my buddies are slightly in the same picture that you painted but not totally. I told them about the game and that they should back it especially since they really enjoyed TQ but they said there is too many ARPG's coming out and you can only play soo many. Just like me they are getting D3, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile as well, although i am backing this game cause i know it will be a great game period.

        It is sad that we cannot seem to pull more people in but there are alot of road blocks at this time for this Kickstarter like the mentioned games, lack of money AND other high profile kickstarter projects. I am actually proud at where we stand with all of these roadblocks that there are for GD that they couldn't have planned for. If it wasn't for these hugh games coming out that $280,000 mark would have been hit really fast but since they are you just have to keep pushing towards our goal.

        We can't give up hope when the guys at Crate wont, besides, once this game gets in our hands and youtube videos pop up with actul gameplay at length the TQ community as with my buddies will come running back home. (killing a few monsters and and factions along the way)

        Originally posted by GhundiPI View Post
        I'm becoming convinced that it has nothing to do with how you set up the KS project, which in my opinion is one of the best out there anyway, or a lack of throwing around big names out of gaming history. This is all about how people are incapable of seeing beyond their blinkered view. Personally I'm hugely disappointed in the lack of reaction from (so called) ARPG fans on the GD KS project. Which is amazing as this GD community is doing such hard and great work of promoting this where ever possible. But even when there is discussion of negative elements from current or upcoming ARPGs, and someone kindly points out on how GD improves or doesn't even have those features, it just gets completely ignored. It is like those people are not even able to see, or comprehend, anything to do with GD. Which just makes me feel like a certain kid who sees Bruce Willis at the most awkward moments...

        It looks like that in this day and age a lot of people need to be force fed a broader horizon, need to be hand holded when looking for something new, or (even worse) need the opinion of someone else to copy and believe to be their own. So yes, the only thing you (and we) can do at the moment is to keep up stream of information, get as many of the bigger sites to mention GD, and hope that the initial goal is met sooner rather than later as that will also generate a lot of attention.

        Frankly I find the current amount of backers to be atrocious and an insult to you guys at Crate. And if this doesn't at least double (10k+) by the end of the project, it would feel like a serious disappointment to me.
        You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

        We are that much closer now.

        Comment


        • I think some videos showing more gameplay and menu/GUI use would be helpful, or more information on character skills and progression. Some stuff that makes Grim Dawn unique and shows more than just "hey, look, it's an ARPG!"

          I still hold by my prediction that after the goal of $280k is reached, there will be a surge in donations by people who were waiting to make sure that yes, this is going to happen, and will want to buy in.
          Last edited by Lyanheart; 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM.
          Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

          Comment


          • I really agree with Medierra - the fund-raising is going very well - the only thing lacking is publicity. If Wasteland 2 had not attracted me to Kickstarter then I feel fairly sure I would still ot have heard of this game, despite still being a TQ player, a regular youtuber (subscribed to TB, Elder Geek, ZRS and various others).

            The tiers are absolutely fine - maybe towards the end, the Crate story PDF could be extended to more people and perhaps special weekend beta passes for free to all backers after the Kickstarter is over.

            I think this is going to be a huge success, even if it just passes $280,000 it will still be an achievement and something that reflects positively on the attitude and philosophy of the Crate developers.

            Comment


            • Today, while it's not over yet, seems to be the most active day, as far as pledges go, since day 3 or 4. This is no doubt due in part to the attention gained from the Reddit IAmA. There is a very realistic possibility that the Kickstarter will reach the funding goal before this week is over, leaving about 2 weeks time left that will be pure gravy. Mmmmmmm, delicious gravy. I hope we get a lot of gravy.
              Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
              Unabashed CDProjektRED fan


              Currently Playing: Bayonetta

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Keyrock View Post
                Today, while it's not over yet, seems to be the most active day, as far as pledges go, since day 3 or 4. This is no doubt due in part to the attention gained from the Reddit IAmA. There is a very realistic possibility that the Kickstarter will reach the funding goal before this week is over, leaving about 2 weeks time left that will be pure gravy. Mmmmmmm, delicious gravy. I hope we get a lot of gravy.
                That would be golden. Yesterday was the best day since the 24th we netted 9.22k with 228 backers. Today we've already gotten 11.23k with 314 backers. And still 7 hours left in the day! Great.
                Blood for the Blood god!

                Comment


                • Wow... almost $15k yesterday (May 1st). Reddit did a lot more than I expected!
                  Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

                  Comment


                  • only ~40.000$ to go.
                    "It may take centuries to rise but once the Ice starts moving even mountains will yield."
                    - Armant, Prophet of the Northern Empire

                    "Buying things enhances my gaming experience."

                    Comment


                    • The Kickstarter is now at approximately the halfway point and we're at 85% funded and over the 240k mark.
                      Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
                      Unabashed CDProjektRED fan


                      Currently Playing: Bayonetta

                      Comment


                      • I'm actually quite suprised that the project havent bursted the 280k$ One of the most promising game up to date!

                        keep up the good work Crate! Can,t wait to play your game!

                        Comment


                        • I'm curious. When Crate reaches it's $280k at the last day and that Kickstarter and Amazon takes the funding, whatever amount Crate is left with, is it still enough for them to cover everything for the game they need from the funds? As in contents and such? I just wonder since I wonder if Crate is expecting to have that 280K or they realize some of the funds will be taken from KS and Amazon and can still complete the game with whatever they have left?

                          Comment


                          • I'm sure the 280k number was come to after figuring in the final costs/cuts that are taken by KS and Amazon.
                            Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by naughtydog2k3 View Post
                              I'm curious. When Crate reaches it's $280k at the last day and that Kickstarter and Amazon takes the funding, whatever amount Crate is left with, is it still enough for them to cover everything for the game they need from the funds? As in contents and such? I just wonder since I wonder if Crate is expecting to have that 280K or they realize some of the funds will be taken from KS and Amazon and can still complete the game with whatever they have left?
                              I think they they chose 280k with that in mind that amazon / KS take some of the profits. You have to understand Crate has been taking pre-orders for at least a year or two so they kind of understand some of the documenting that goes along with it.
                              Blood for the Blood god!

                              Comment


                              • $243,000 now, its creeping slowly towards the first goal. I say by the end of sunday we should reach it.
                                You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

                                We are that much closer now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X