Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm heretic I like +% XP items too....

Anyone else? v.2.0
    Official Legendary Grim Dawn Contributor (Diablo III KiLLeR )King among RPGZ! Chop it !

Gold Reward:

Silver Reward:

Comment

Originally posted by eisprinzessin View Post
      I think there will not be MF (and I pass on +% XP items too), but drop chances shall be affected by set items (you are wearing??!?), so that you might be able to complete it before you've outgrown the set.
      i like thes idea, if you finaly get a setitem, yes have a hidden % on setitem drop rate but only for that set you start to wear, nothing els.

i hate to spend mass of time to get an entire set, just to find out you are vay to high lvl to get any benefits, and it is not funn to play a game 10 times for finaly to start all over again just becorse you finaly have an entire set LOL´s i say.
      legendary fan
      10-May-2010 12:22:54 PM

Comment

I never really cared for magic find items...just felt wrong.
        "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Originally posted by Renevent View Post
          I never really cared for magic find items...just felt wrong.
          I second that

Comment

While I like Sacred 2 and played it a lot (despite the very frustrating crashes in Win 7), I really disliked the scaled uniques. It simply was not exciting to find five versions of the same exact looking armor set. I may as well just wear one set of clothing forever in rl. Much better that each is a one and only. Additionally, low-level uniques are great when you're starting your fifth toon and want to sail through the early levels that you've done a bunch of times.
            Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "

Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"

Mal: "Politely."

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
              While I like Sacred 2 and played it a lot (despite the very frustrating crashes in Win 7), I really disliked the scaled uniques. It simply was not exciting to find five versions of the same exact looking armor set. I may as well just wear one set of clothing forever in rl. Much better that each is a one and only. Additionally, low-level uniques are great when you're starting your fifth toon and want to sail through the early levels that you've done a bunch of times.
              Agreed, they shouldn't be called "Uniques" without a good reason

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                I agree completely. There was another thread discussing other types of scaling (was for stats I think) and basically it's the same kind of boring systems that make other games (Sacred 2) unfun. Yeah on paper these types of systems make sense and probably make development easier...and heck...maybe even give the perception to the developers that they are adding more.

For the number crazy min/maxers out there who relish the opportunity to break out a spreadsheet it's also pretty good...but the end result for most other players is different...it's just not fun. Finding the same items over and over again just with 7.345% more power is boring.

My belief is these games work on two fundamental principals:

1) Carrot on the stick (leveling, finding items, progressing story, ect)

2) Exciting Milestones

Obviously Sacred 2 has the carrot on the stick down pact...the issue is that using their scaling approach (it's evident in many of their systems) it leaves out the fun factor and exciting milestone aspect to the player. Sacred 2 loads you up almost instantly as you can pretty much get the majority of your skills in an hour and then you spend the next 30 hours simply adding small % gains (via items and passives). Then add in that after the first "cool" factor of finding those items you start finding the same crap just 10 levels higher over and over again...well...the whole thing gets stale.

To me that's why I believe TQ (and it's systems) are more fun and successful. The game is a slow and steady buildup with the player constantly reaching/achieving significant milestones. Things that fundamentally change the character and the way it plays.

/this should have been in the rant section
                Last edited by Renevent; 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM.
                "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Originally posted by Renevent View Post
                  /this should have been in the rant section
                  What for? Then we wouldn't be able to comment on it!

Comment

Originally posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
                    What for? Then we wouldn't be able to comment on it!
                    LOL!

Actually though, you could comment on it you just couldn't disagree with it

Comment

Haha, true.

Comment

There should not be any +magic find items. That just causes Necromancers to be gold with topaz and be named Greedy-@55-man.
                        Legendary to Digital Deluxe, I turn your brain into a tree
                        "I know because when the universe ends there will be three things left.
                        Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt trying to save the cockroaches."

Comment

There won't be any magic find in GD.

Comment

TQ loot system, imo, is the best so far. Like other said, Sacred 2 was rapidly becoming boring due in part by it's scaling system.

Most of us, ARPG fans, are loot b*tches :P
                            The more we have, the more we're happy and the more we want!

I hope the original release will offer lots of stuff and gameplay value and i'm sure with subsequent expansions releases GD will become THE ARPG of the century!
                            Legendary Key Holder since 03/26/2012

Comment

I wonder what will be the inspiration for Naming all that unique legendary gear. Perhaps it wasn't that hard for TQ due to using mythological references. Could be harder for a totally new setting without lots of established heroes and gods.

About cool look - I hope there would be something that looks new and clean, and not like that item was originally intended for some other purpose, which is a common theme in post-apocalyptic setting. Because rugged interface look+rugged dirty gear would be too much at the same time.
                              Last edited by jaelrin; 05-23-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                                This is actually the intended look as it is meant to be a crude, low-level sword crafted out of a sharpened peice of scrapmetal.
                                The improvised items should look like this.
                                Originally posted by medierra View Post
                                I was definitely planning to have the player finding powerful items created by these [otherworldly] races.
                                Not sure if they will look "new and clean" ... maybe just impressing.

Comment

Working...
                                X