Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of boxed edition after Kickstarter/on release

Hi!

I spotted this game a fair while back, and almost forgot about it until today, when I came across it again (luckily!). I took a look at the Kickstarter program, and noticed at least $100 is required to any form of a boxed edition. Will boxed editions still be available on release, irrespective of the Kickstarter stuff?

If not, I'll probably pledge the $100 thing from Kickstarter to ensure myself the boxed copy.

Thanks,
    JT
    Last edited by eisprinzessin; 05-04-2012, 06:34 AM. Reason: specified title

Boxed editions won't be avaliable upon release.

Comment

Ah, I see...so basically, we've got to pay $100 for a boxed edition? I'll probably take some time to decide whether I want to spend that money :S haha

After I made my post, I came across a quote that said Crate themselves said that finding a partner to roll out boxed versions down the track is a 'possibility'? Or has that been completely ruled out =/

Comment

Originally posted by justing943 View Post
        Ah, I see...so basically, we've got to pay $100 for a boxed edition? I'll probably take some time to decide whether I want to spend that money :S haha
        Yep You'll just get it in a box lol but if you live outside of US and Canada you'll have to pay an extra $10 though.

After I made my post, I came across a quote that said Crate themselves said that finding a partner to roll out boxed versions down the track is a 'possibility'? Or has that been completely ruled out =/
        It's a possiblility once they find a ratail

Comment

Okay thanks. I think i'll hang on to that possibility and just pledge for a digital version for now. I've been spending a bit too much recently to afford $100 on something that's one and a half years away :S.

Comment

Okay thanks. I think i'll hang on to that possibility and just pledge for a digital version for now. I've been spending a bit too much recently to afford $100 on something that's one and a half years away :S.
            No problem. This quote might be useful.
            Originally posted by Crate
            Originally Posted by Crate Entertainment
            from the KS comments (April 29)
            We're not sure if we'll offer the boxed version after Kickstarter ends. We may partner with a publisher at some point to get a boxed version into retail stores but I can't really say for certain.
            Last edited by Asgard; 05-01-2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Ah, that's the one I came across earlier today, thanks!

Comment

Ah nice, thanks for doing my job for me Asgard

Just to reaffirm though, we really have no idea what will happen as far as a boxed version after KS. There is that possibility though that we could partner with a distributor to get a box in retail.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                  Ah nice, thanks for doing my job for me Asgard

Just to reaffirm though, we really have no idea what will happen as far as a boxed version after KS. There is that possibility though that we could partner with a distributor to get a box in retail.
                  No problem

Comment

If I can't get into the kickstarter program in time (which I may not be able to) will I be able to order the boxed edition (that comes with a physical disc) in the future ?
                    Last edited by eisprinzessin; 05-04-2012, 06:04 AM. Reason: moved query from 'Will they reach the $280k goal?' into this thread

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think it is possible we may have some sort of boxed version in the future if we partner with a publisher to handle boxed retail distribution but it would probably be post-release. It isn't something we've thought too much about yet.

Us continuing to provide boxed editions ourselves would likely be a big hassle and it only really seems worth it in the context of KS where we can pay for a single, large printing, ship them out and not have to worry managing inventory or doing repeated smaller printings.

Comment

I was hoping for boxed edition though. Just asking.. once KS over, there's no pre-order anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                          Us continuing to provide boxed editions ourselves would likely be a big hassle and it only really seems worth it in the context of KS where we can pay for a single, large printing, ship them out and not have to worry managing inventory or doing repeated smaller printings.
                          If you have a big enough granary you could always order some extra boxes (50 to 100) and continue to sell them as the uber fan limited edition.

Comment

Grim Dawn disc release?

I know that Grim Dawn has a digital release but is there any possibility for a disc release coz i would like to own a hard copy of the game rather than download it digitally
                            Last edited by eisprinzessin; 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: merged threads

Comment

Hey, welcome aboard!

Currently, it is not available in the "buy now!" options. The Kickstarter did offer boxed versions though, but that's over now. So, I don't know... perhaps some time in the future? Perhaps not, I can't tell. All it means is that Crate will be distributing it physically for some people.

Comment

Working...
                              X