X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, if there is going to be a hardcore mode, the devs should hardcode it as much as possible so that if a hardcore character dies, he/she is dead forever. And yes, a third party program that would revive a hardcore character is cheating and is silly.
    Legendary Edition Owner

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

The articles were and excellent read and good insight into the difficulty of the game. Its nice to see that the game is being developed to allow for game modes that won't hold the players hand the entire game.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to get my hands on the game!

Comment

Hi everyone I am new here. Didnt want to spam your forum with a new thread, so I use this one.

So I heard about Grim Dawn today and the game looks really good.
          I want to support you, but right now I spend my money on Diablo 3.
          I will get money next month after the kickstarter is over, but the Lead Designer looks like a really cool guy and I want to support him.

My questions:
          Will I be able to purchase the game after kickstarter is over, or is this a one time event?

Is the game already playable after the preorder (alpha/beta)?

How long will it take till release? Are we talking about 1-2 or 5+ years?

edit: Titan Quest is the best game ever
          Last edited by Elfenslay; 04-27-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Yes the game will be available post release, but likely not in boxed/poster edition.
            As for the release, maybe a release end 2013, if we are lucky the alpha before Xmas this year.

You can always read this gold mine of informations.

Comment

Thank you for the link

Comment

Originally posted by Roros View Post
                And speaking of past hardcore ventures, my absolute worst was when I was playing my Hell sorceress in Diablo2 and was about to do Duriel (the cold/poison larva at the end of act2, in the tombs). I used the staff on the pedestal, the wall opened up, I cast a town portal to go back and refill my potions and check my gear, and I misclick the entrance to the boss room instead of the portal. I had no rejuvenation pots and died as I scrambled to cast another town portal. I just rested my head on the edge of my desk while letting out the deepest groan.
                LOL, yeah that sucker could be brutal.

Comment

I know that feeling, that's happened to me a few times as well. He's not one that you can really mess around with.
                  You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

Oh man, I think I might have the ultimate hardcore mode death or at least the most prolonged one...

I was playing a druid and had pretty crazy health. I think I was about level 70. I was on hell difficult in hell (the lava area right before Diablo's chamber). I had about 20 rejuvenation pots but a pretty crappy melee weapon, so my damage was terrible - just had no luck replacing it. I stumbled into a giant mass of enemies that were mostly those big blunderbore guys. I started fighting and they began closing in around me, so, at the last moment, while there was still a narrow path of escape, I went to back out to avoid being trapped. There was a fucking skull or some other tiny object on the ground that somehow blocked pathing even though it was barely visible. My escape was cut off and they totally closed in around me. I tried opening portals but they were all just out of reach... so then I started hacking away and drinking potions in what was probably the slowest hardcore mode death ever. Because my weapon sucked and they were such high-hp enemies, it was just taking forever to kill them. I had my inventory open that started out almost entirely full of rejuvs and just kept chugging. It seriously took about 15mins for me to finally run out of potions and I was down to only about 1 layer of enemy before I could cut through and escape but, alas, I just couldn't kill them fast enough and finally died.

Comment

That's crazy, I wish I could come up with a death of mine but I've never actually tried hardcore before xD, I'm guessing that I'm missing a whole bunch of fun from not playing hardcore.
                      You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

lol

That's also why the barbarian was so easy at hardcore. The jump/blink is an instant life saver.

Actually in GD, a spell that make the player teleport would be nice, but only if short ranged or if it teleports at random places.
                        In TQ, the shield charge is one of the funniest skill.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                          Oh man, I think I might have the ultimate hardcore mode death...
                          Sounds like a worthy death for a character. :P

Comment

I've never played the Diablo series :O ..and am curious about hardcore mode. Aside from the obvious permanent death, what else does hardcore mode include?

Is it just like another difficulty tier except with extra-super-crazy-sweet loot!??

If someone can give me a brief insight it'd be very much appreciated
                            Thanks!
                            Grim Dawn supporter & promoter! ...all the way from New Zealand ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X