X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing how the game industry started to revolve around "fanboys" and consoles, I feel like it's my obligation to support indie developers. (I'm gonna make this sentence my signature now) And I've seen many good games as a result.

If we're to abandon indie developers, if we're to abandon whole gaming industry to those "OBEY" fanboys and consoles, well, I'll have nothing to play that day as I won't enjoy them.

Yeah a bit off-topic, but I wanted to write this. I've seen many games got bashed, slaughtered because some fanboys wanted something done as they like. I've seen many game sequels & expansions got destoyed because console players felt it's hard to play that way.

Comment

Everywhere has fanboys; this place will develop them soon enough I bet.

Comment

Crate fanboy? Someday they will spawn everywhere on Earth but let's not have the one with attitude. Funny to have them worship medierra haha

Comment

Your fanboyism is inevitable, Mr. Anderson.
          It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
          It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
          I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

The battlenet community is fucking terrible.

Comment

battle.net was never the place to look for positive opinions for Grim Dawn. The standard battle.net poster is such a fanboy they have the reproductive organ of their chosen games' main character so far down their throat all you hear from them is a garble of disdain for anything not to do with their preferred game. The sad part is that the more zealotry for the game, and derision for competitors you demonstrate the more standing within such a community you will garner.

The opinions there that the game looks like just mud are like saying diablo2 looks like grass and rocks for the first chapter, sand and rocks for the second, mud for the third, and snow and lighter mud for the fourth. So far the screens and vids of d3 look like little more than updated d1 initial environment, and d2 second chapter, and the same classes from before (albeit they have called the necro a "witchdoctor"). Not to espouse unfair premature criticism of d3 as I am sure it will perform, but it does appear as little more than rehashing of the previously explored when you make generalised statements with little to base them on other than pre-beta/beta appearances.

In short: Looking for GD fans at battle.net is like looking for anything sensible on /b/

Comment

Originally posted by Ajantis View Post
                In short: Looking for GD fans at battle.net is like looking for anything sensible on /b/
                Yay for /b/

Comment

Originally posted by Rhis View Post
                  Yay for /b/
                  Moot actually Spoke at TED this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxCtMHfMtt4
                  Last edited by Void(null); 02-17-2010, 05:09 PM.
                  After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Rhis View Post
                    Yay for /b/
                    Liek my doubles.

Originally posted by Void(null) View Post
                    Moot is actually Spoke at TED this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxCtMHfMtt4
                    He was right about the thread where he asked for /b/'s opinion on what to talk about, the first reply was the N-bomb, and from there the ship just continued to take on water of the same flavour. Personally I thought he was trolling the board with that thread.
                    Last edited by Ajantis; 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

So apparently my grammar at 2am is something to be afraid of.

After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

Working...
                      X