X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the girls looks beautiful in Grim Dawn?

Firstly, Sorry If I ask this kind of question.

When I first see the Immortal Throne's DVD cover, I'm amazed and I thought there would be 'more-open' tunics available for girls (like you can see all her body shape, stomach, etc.), some variations to the face, and more stylish armors for the girls.

Just when I played it with one of my female char, its still the same. The Armor looks big over her shoulder (and it closes her stomach too ), and sometimes it makes her 'unfeminine' and shows a brutish aura over her. The only Armor I like for my female char in TQ is *Armor of Troy and use Ao-Chin Red Cap for the helm, which left me no choice to choose another armor, because they're not female, not feminine.

I just want to ask.. Do Grim Dawn will have the same fashional-taste for the females? or will make it truly different? plans or screenshots maybe? I rly want to see what a female looks like in Grim Dawn

*edited ones because the default ones.. not good
    *alyssea pic - my female char
    Last edited by gusseyGoose; 12-30-2010, 08:23 AM.
    Playing TQ since 2006
    Currently Playing TQIT Char: Alyssea lvl 51 Assasin, Gusserus lvl 46 Templar, Tarasynora lvl 18 Avenger.

Computer Specs: Intel Core i5-3610 | Nvidia Geforce 630M 2 GB | RAM 4 GB | 640 GB HDD

Correct me if I'm wrong but in TQ the armor had both a 'Female and Male version' once eqquiped..atleast most of them do. For example the Gorgon Sentinel armor, naturally more suited to female (as Gorgons are Female) but place it on your Male Character and it will change to suit his broad chest etc.

I do understand what your saying though, armor such as the Gigantes gear looks ridiculous! Even for a male toon IMO. Also, I know the typical Hunter classes are always 'reserved' for the girls but yes, alot of the Hunter Gear looks awesome on Female Characters rather than male...try putting that 'Hunters Helm' on your guy lol

Anyway..I'm sure Crate will have some nice gear for the Ladies :P
    Grim Dawn supporter & promoter! ...all the way from New Zealand ^^

Comment

Armor that doesn't actually protect the soft spots like the stomach is completely horrible. I can imagine some more funky high level magic armor being quite revealing though, but then it would have to be done within some reason.

there is little point to create scary monsters and a dark world and then put the player in a cheerleader uniform. It completely breaks the immersion.

Comment

Yeah girl equipment is an extremely important visual eye candy factor. Great cute lady and and her sexy gear design brings a lot more loyal costumer.

As not to mention a thriller/horror environment and a cool baby looks awesome together. Remember good in horror films 80's slashers.

and newer ones 4 example:
        Resident Evil -Milla Jovovich

or unknown zombie babes...

Last edited by MadWasp; 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM.
        Official Legendary Grim Dawn Contributor (Diablo III KiLLeR )King among RPGZ! Chop it !

Gold Reward:

Silver Reward:

Comment

Ada Wong was better.

And in turn: Aya Brea was in my humble opinion, rocking that dress much harder than Ada.

Last edited by Void(null); 12-30-2010, 11:37 AM.
          After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

Official Legendary Grim Dawn Contributor (Diablo III KiLLeR )King among RPGZ! Chop it !

Gold Reward:

Silver Reward:

Comment

Aya Brea very good and beautiful with long blond hair. I agree
              I hate short girl hairs. But that's my strange cup of tea

Gold Reward:

Silver Reward:

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStrike View Post
                Armor that doesn't actually protect the soft spots like the stomach is completely horrible. I can imagine some more funky high level magic armor being quite revealing though, but then it would have to be done within some reason.

there is little point to create scary monsters and a dark world and then put the player in a cheerleader uniform. It completely breaks the immersion.
                I completely agree...please please please don't make idiotic girl armor and have females running around in iron bikinis.

I am hoping Grim Dawn is trying to portray a gritty and dark world, and having chicks looking like zena the warrior barbie doesn't really help in giving that vibe.

*Man I hate what anime has done to art style in video games
                Last edited by Renevent; 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM.
                "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

I find it a bit odd how generic rpg's keep pumping out the metal bikinis, I haven't ever met a single person who admitted to liking it.

I quite liked the Global Agenda females. Even when they weren't showing any skin, they were distinctively female yet badass without looking dudeish.

I'm not sure if this is relevant. I know IronLore worked on Soulstorm, but are any of those guys around in Crate nowadays? I always liked the SoB chick on the Soulstorm box and felt it was another good example of how female characters can be badass without having to show their bellybutton.

Praise the sun!

Comment

Yes exactly! I think it is possible to have female warriors without having to turn them into strippers lol.

*edit*

The girl in the Soulstorm cover does look awesome! Never played the game though...

Last edited by Renevent; 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM.
                    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

The Sisters of Battle are perhaps not the best example of "OMG not metal bikini's plox!" While a lot of their armor is quite cool you still get the occasional piece like this:

Last edited by Void(null); 12-30-2010, 12:46 PM.
                      After Void(null) left there was basically no point anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Roros View Post
                        I quite liked the Global Agenda females. Even when they weren't showing any skin, they were distinctively female yet badass without looking dudeish.
                        Have you ever seen a woman wearing high heels trying to run - in order to catch a train or something like that?

No look at your GA picture again, and then think about how useful and stabilizing that heels are going to be. That woman - as badass as she may look - can easily be taken out by just a simple gully grate.

It's always the same thing: Designers try to bring in some sort of fashionable (and possibly fetish-inducing) gimmick that they believe does make the females look more sexy and female - but end up producing stuff that just doesn't fit the game world.

And who says that combat-ready boots can't look sexy?
                        http://gordonandthewhale.com/wp-cont...Underworld.jpg

Comment

Ha, I also don't think about how much that launcher and her armor may weigh, or how useful it would be with an illuminated LED strip for a visor. I'm not the one for realism.
                          Praise the sun!

Comment

I completely agree...please please please don't make idiotic girl armor and have females running around in iron bikinis.
                            quoted from renevent.

hey no bikinis I mention, just more open and flexible female armor. still keep the realistic armor system. not too nude not too close either I mean. at least she have 'things' to look at rather than closed boring ones. and maybe someone would say "wow she looks seducing." instead of "Oh My Girl is Strong and Powerful, she can slam you over the bed! Look at her Muscle! WOW WTH LMAO BANG BANG *crashed* *bones crushed* " sorry if its too dramatic..
                            Playing TQ since 2006
                            Currently Playing TQIT Char: Alyssea lvl 51 Assasin, Gusserus lvl 46 Templar, Tarasynora lvl 18 Avenger.

Computer Specs: Intel Core i5-3610 | Nvidia Geforce 630M 2 GB | RAM 4 GB | 640 GB HDD

Comment

Well considering they are in the business of killing monsters, and not seducing them, I still really don't care for it. I think they should dress accordingly

You do though, and that's ok nothing wrong it. Just as long as they don't go over board and keep it to a minimum I personally wouldn't mind I guess...though I am hoping they lean away from that type of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X