X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jiaco View Post
    My kids often use the French expression "le string de guerre", which means basically war thong. Very fun imo.
    Is that related to Deathspank's Thong of Virtue?
    Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
    Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta

Comment

I think "Hildegard von Krone" is where I'd like to see the game go... there is a woman sporting realistic armor that doesn't disappoint.
      "Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight."
      proud owner of both a Loyalist and Patron Edition key.

Comment

I think the girls should look good, because I mean you're going to have to look at your character. Just make sure they're not those disproportional, jiggling, double E cup girls like some games have
        A man chooses, a slave obeys. -Andrew Ryan

Comment

Yeah Hilde is awesome. I think part of it is her moveset as well. It's not a typical feminine ninja style but not a powerhouse manly one either.
          Praise the sun!

Comment

Screw chainmail bikinis. I want women dressed reasonably. I want them to look like badasses, not swimsuit models. I want you guys to include a full-coverage burqa that is objectively the best armor in the game just to piss off people who do want chainmail bikinis. Well, maybe don't go that far, but it's not sexy to have the women dressed like prostitutes that cater to fantasy LARPers. It's just plain stupid. If the women have plate armor with a plunging neckline then give the male occultists assless chaps as their default equipment and see how many people defend it.

No chainmail bikinis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorus Prime View Post
              If the women have plate armor with a plunging neckline then give the male occultists assless chaps as their default equipment
              That is an awesome suggestion!

Assless pants are totally Mad Max and everyone knows that Mad Max is cool. =)
              totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Comment

Originally posted by Shoganai View Post
                I think "Hildegard von Krone" is where I'd like to see the game go... there is a woman sporting realistic armor that doesn't disappoint.
                Or Charlotte from Samurai Showdown
                Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
                Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta

Comment

My wife and I like to play RPGs cooperatively.

As in real life, my wife likes her characters to be red haired, large busted, sexy, and wearing stylish clothes.

To say that guys can have big strong characters that enhance their idea of their own masculinity, but to deny females the option to play a character that enhances their femininity is quite sexist.

"Reality" be damned, it doesn't matter if the armour is realistic. If you wanted realism you wouldn't be playing a game with magic.

What is more important is identification with the character, and having pretty pixels to look at for the duration of the game. Life is too short to look at ugly pixels. And life is to short to play for hours with character that you don't feel an attachment to. Which means pretty girls with stylish clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrah View Post
                    As in real life, my wife likes her characters to be red haired, large busted, sexy, and wearing stylish clothes.
                    Pics or it's lies!!!

LOL...I'm joking.

To say that guys can have big strong characters that enhance their idea of their own masculinity, but to deny females the option to play a character that enhances their femininity is quite sexist.
                    On a serious note, I think it's more sexist to assume females are all looking for the same way to identify with female characters or that they are looking to enhance their femininity with their characters. I wish we could just keep the claims of sexism out of the discussion though. I don't think people not liking iron bikinis are being sexist, nor are the one who do like them.

Anyways, what I think is best for a game to do is have a clear and defined tone. I personally would like it to be as gritty, dark, and serious as possible. Nothing makes me roll my eyes more then thong armor and other silliness.

With that said, I understand folks who do enjoy that stuff and why they want it. I guess it's really up to the designers to determine what fits and what doesn't with their vision of Grim Dawn.
                    Last edited by Renevent; 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM.
                    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

My wife and I like to play RPGs cooperatively.

"Reality" be damned, it doesn't matter if the armour is realistic. If you wanted realism you wouldn't be playing a game with magic.

What is more important is identification with the character, and having pretty pixels to look at for the duration of the game. Life is too short to look at ugly pixels. And life is to short to play for hours with character that you don't feel an attachment to. Which means pretty girls with stylish clothes.
                      I don't see anything the is ugly about Charlotte above, or Hilde

You can easily be big breasted and sexy in full armour, doing something like the below (Reina from Queen's Blade) is just easy and uninspired. (IMHO of course )

It's one thing to be sexy, it's another to be "man candy."
                      "Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight."
                      proud owner of both a Loyalist and Patron Edition key.

Comment

While we're on the topic of boob-plate, I can look the other way on that so long as it's like Hilde (rounded to deflect blows) instead of molded to be funbag-shaped. You can have sexy armor, so long as it's armor and not steel plate lingerie.

Comment

I hate how in D3 every female character is made to look attractive, even the 40 year old witch. It makes the characters feel shallow and fake, it detracts a lot from the overall atmosphere when the characters are running around with makeup and impractical clothes when you are supposed to be fighting demons.

The world in Grim Dawn is gritty and broken, and the characters should fit with that theme. Having beautiful females running around in stylish armor is something I would hate to see. That kind of equipment should be reserved for rare late game items, looking good is not a priority when there's an apocalypse is going on.

I don't play these games to look at pretty girls and they shouldn't be there unless it makes sense in the context of the world.

Comment

I felt the female barbarian design was pretty good. She's obviously female even without stilettos.
                            The fact that there's a multi-page thread on the D3 boards about how the female barb isn't hot enough is a pretty good sign in my book.
                            Praise the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Roros View Post
                              I felt the female barbarian design was pretty good. She's obviously female even without stilettos.
                              The fact that there's a multi-page thread on the D3 boards about how the female barb isn't hot enough is a pretty good sign in my book.
                              She is the exception, both the Demon Hunter and Wizard are running around in high heels and silly armors.

Point is I don't like making characters attractive just for the sake of it, I prefer being an average looking character trying to survive in a world gone bad, in D3 I feel like some super model running around blowing up useless demons with lasers and kung fu moves.
                              Last edited by Sma; 05-24-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Beautiful girl with sexy gears FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X