X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought there was anything wrong with the way the male character ran in TQ to be honest.
    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

The male model in TQ runs like a big ape wearing diapers. Also, males' dual-wield looks funny, holding the weapons like sticks while females hold the weapons with a wider stance, which in my opinion looks better.

Comment

Meh, I like how the female is smaller, that's it really. Other than that, I don't care.

Some armour looks better on female characters other on male. Like Odysseus' armour, that looks far better on male. The spirit / dream set, Carnus, looks better on female.
        It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
        It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
        I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

Not to mention putting on Hesiones Veil on a dude(tte).

Comment

LOL or tiresias' helmet.

Shoulda made a carrhart carpenter's set for women characters only. Then I'd have a comparison to make for "90% of the items look better on women in TQ:IT".
            It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
            It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
            I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

Yeah the only reason I prefer the female character is totally because her animations look a little more realistic - oh wait no its the boobs...

Psychologically I think a huge part of people's preference has to do with whether they view their character as a projection of themselves or a separate entity that they are merely controlling. If you view your character as other than yourself, then I think it is more likely that people will choose the opposite of their own gender or make the choice based on what they think seems appropriate for the class. Maybe I'm sexist for it, never really thought about it, but I tend to make male warriors and female spell casters / ranged characters.

Comment

No really, the animations and armors are the main reason

Comment

Hey! If you were sexist, you wouldn't make a female a caster, cause that would mean she is smarter than a male! (dumb brute warrior)

Comment

I always pick male characters, because as mentioned above I kinda project myself into whatever character I'm playing.

That and maybe I am a bit sexist too...lol.
                    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

This question always amuses me for some reason. Anyway ever since I started playing cRPG's 90 percent of the time I'll play a female char. Why? who knows. As far as TQ goes however I find the female model more pleasing to look at for long periods of time.

Comment

I don't believe in that psychology crap, but somebody (on TQ boards i think) did bring up a good point about having noticed how kids in RPG's usually build tall, muscular warriors. Compensating maybe?

I've had a good mix of male and female characters in all RPG's over the years, TQ is the first that managed to stop me from making a male caster.

edit; and then there are games with rear-view perspective. Looking at a manly ass isn't something i enjoy much, but for the sake of role playing, i made many males in the likes of Oblivion etc.

Comment

I don't know if "compensating" is correct...it's just more realistic I think for some people.

For me a 5'6" chick built like a ballerina, however pleasant to look at, isn't exactly believable as front lines warrior smashing in skulls with a hammer and wearing armor that probably comes close to her total body mass lol.

This even goes in most movies I watch...when they have a female character "kicking ass" it very rarely ever seems believable and too often just looks silly. A few exceptions though...like Red Sonya or that crazy ass Barbarian with the staff from Conan.

So when people make their characters in games and they have a choice, what would make more sense as a warrior? Some scrawny dude/girl or a 7 foot tall beast of man?
                          Last edited by Renevent; 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

There's the realism angle yeah.. but you have to draw the line somewhere, if you can shoot fire from your hands and have a piece of chest armor that helps you dodge arrows, why couldn't a scrawny chick beat a huge Orc to pieces?

These things can be taken to extremes, that's why it's up to the player to customize the characters and... well role-play the story

Regarding movies, i'm much more picky than with games. That's because i cannot role play a movie, i just have to go with what the director and writers have come up with.
                            Last edited by deimos; 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Hey, what about the 7 foot tall beast of a woman?

Comment

Working...
                              X