X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific types of weapons YOU would like to see

So we already know the basic archetypes of weapons in Grim Dawn. You have ranged weapons, specifically pistols, rifles and crossbows. You have melee weapons, the three archetypes being swords, axes and clubs.
    Now I want to ask: what specific types of weapons would YOU like to see?
    For example, we know a confirmed melee weapon archetype is the axe. So specifically what I'd like to see is a buzzsaw (this has also been confirmed, iirc, see the image below)

The reason why I started this thread is to see the amount and variety of weapons we could come up with, some the devs may not even know of. Begin!
    Cheers,
    Younghappy
    Attached Files
    [KS] Digital Collector's Edition + Expansion
    I wanted that massively stylish George Washington in-game powdered wig

Salute of the Fallen HC Player
    Yet there is beauty in death! Ave, Grim Dawn, morituri te salutant!

Ehm, is GD gonna have a steampunk theme to it?
    Anyways id like to see some of the following:

- Powersledge/Fist *Mace*
    - Scythe *Axe*
    - Whip *Mace*
    Currently gaming: D3/LOL.
    Awaiting games: Dota 2/GW2/GD.

Sys. specs: :SABERTOOTH Z77/ Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz/ EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW/ G.SKILL Sniper Series 16gb/ Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III/Windows 7 Home premium 64bit.

Comment

Hand scythes would be cool. Just because it is a scythe that works with dual wielding my favourite beat down play style.

Tekken would be cool too, but I really doubt they will get in. They are highly specialized weapons for use with the style tekkenjutsu.
      Legendary to Digital Deluxe, I turn your brain into a tree
      "I know because when the universe ends there will be three things left.
      Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt trying to save the cockroaches."

Comment

@Grilled: medierra has said GD won't be going steampunk, but still, I would love to see a scythe make it in as a savage two-handed weapon (they were unlocked on the Kickstarter stretch goals, after all ) or maybe a hand scythe (like this one )
        Btw, med also mentioned that he too, would like to see a whip, but if it is ever going to get in, it would happen in an expansion along with some other requested weapons (like the "pistol sword"), AND it would be it's own weapon class, not just a unique weapon! See here for his quote

@Konda: Totally agree with you there, mate! Dual-wielding wicked hand scythes while dropping mines as you go (as the demolition mastery) or backed up by a healing raven or flaming hell hound (as an occultist)... the possibilities are endless!
        Btw, I couldn't find any images of a tekken, could you post a link or something, please?

Comment

I would love to see glove type weapons. I'm not sure how many of you saw Avatar: The Legend of Korra tv series, but the "evil" Separatists had a power glove type of weapon. Basically, it was a glove that had an electronic pulse device put into it. Was pretty interesting.
          "Do you like cool items? We like cool items. We should probably have cool items!" Zantai - Crate Employee, Designer
          Currently Playing

DCUO & Skyrim
          Waiting For
          GW2(maybe), ESO, SO:TL DLC, Halo 4 and of course GD

Comment

Scythes. Kama. Especially with a chain.
            Proud Member of the Patriotic Grim Dawn Criticism Club

Comment

I would love to see nunchucks

Comment

Originally posted by Younghappy View Post
                @Grilled: medierra has said GD won't be going steampunk
                Where is it ?
                Collector's Co-op Expansion Bundle user was here

Comment

i would love to see a wooden-stick, tho i know it probobly wont fit in the games time.
                  http://i49.tinypic.com/wv8kee.jpg
                  Currently playling:
                  PoE (Diamond Supporter)
                  GD Alpha (Loyalist Supporter)

Comment

@Kyon - see Will this be a steampunk game?

Comment

This day I saw many good news This is the second one I don't like steampunk mechs or robots really . And I think they are not fit this world .

Comment

@Madman: What weapon archetype would that fall under, or would it be it's own? Fist weapons work in aRPG's IMO, like claw weapons and such

@Kyon: Agreed there. Steampunk really only works in my opinion when done in small amounts. But goblin steam mechs and stuff like that... really doesn't work for me. So good to see we are of the same opinion there.

@gdansk: Those Kama's are just too cool I was trying to think of the name for the hand scythes, and then I saw your link. This pic really makes them look epic too.

@sonicchill: I would love to see those too

@thorn: I doubt we'll see anything like that, however we may see pikes and halberds, if that interests you as much as a plain wooden stick

Thanks for all the replies, everybody. Good to see all the different opinions on epic weapons here And if anyone cares, this is my 100th post! Cookies all around!
                        Last edited by Younghappy; 07-10-2012, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, everybody. Good to see all the different opinions on epic weapons here And if anyone cares, this is my 100th post! Cookies all around!
                          And don't forget bells and whistles

Comment

Bells, whistles and cookies... now this is starting to sound like a party
                            But that brings up another question: bells and whistles in Grim Dawn? You can have grim bells and whistles, right?

Comment

But that brings up another question: bells and whistles in Grim Dawn? You can have grim bells and whistles, right?
                              Why not? it would surely make the players immerse themselves in the environment more than ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X