X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilogue

Zeus's speach and Persephone's parting words are a bit lame. You are also at the end of the world - there is no return to the world you have saved. So can we have a little epilogue to lean back and commemorate what happened and has been achieved? It can even include a forecast to the next expansion.

Those, who believe that this does not fit an ARPG, are free to pull the plug

Most of us probably saw Lord of the Rings, but I assume less read the books. The movies don't show what happens, when the four Hobbits return to the Shire. There is a final threat, which they have to overcome themselves without any Aragon or Gandalf. This is IMO one of the books' best parts and it's a shame, that it is missing in the movies ... well, good for the books - go, read them, if you haven't yet.

Due to the intention of GD having numerous expansions via DLC etc, I think it's safe to say there will be some sort of Epilogue or 'open' ending which (I hope) is satisfieing yet will explain/introduce what the next grim threat to the World of Cairn will be come the new dawn..

lol.. but seriously
    Grim Dawn supporter & promoter! ...all the way from New Zealand ^^

Comment

I read Lord of the Rings, and out of however many pages it was, that was my favorite part, and I was deeply upset at it's dissapearence from the movie.

I am not getting the sense that GD is going for the epic definitive tale plan, and is focusing on being a blast to play, so I would be very suprised if it didn't have an open ending.

Comment

Our current plan is to just make the game abruptly bluescreen after you finish the last quest. That way you won't really be sure whether the game is over or not and it saves us from having to write an epilogue.

I can't promise this since we don't have the tech finished yet but we're also hoping to make it so that you can't recover from the bluescreen and have to do a hard reboot.

I'm also pissed that they changed the meeting with Aragorn. WTF was up with that?

Comment

A bluescreen - back to the roots (of Windows)? MS will praise you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by eisprinzessin View Post
            A bluescreen - back to the roots (of Windows)? MS will praise you for that.
            If it's not a bug, it's a feature!

I have to agree though, the TQ Zeus text-box was pretty freaking lame. Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD. But hey, at least we have an excuse this time!

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
              Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD.
              Have I asked for anything impressive? Like CGI? I would be happy with some cutscenes using the general engine.

Maybe I shouldn't have used that LotR reference ... used it knowing that you, medierra, read the books.

Did you read Harry Potter, too? Its epilogue is short and pretty neat. AFAIK Mrs Rowling completed it long before writing the 7th book. It is just one scene and features an outlook on the future of some of the main characters. I think, she used it to have a goal.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD. But hey, at least we have an excuse this time!
                I hear explosions always make for a good ending.

Comment

Originally posted by eisprinzessin View Post
                  Have I asked for anything impressive? Like CGI? I would be happy with some cutscenes using the general engine.
                  Even making in-engine cutscenes can be time consuming depending on their complexity and how much unique animation is required. We can probably put together something totally non-impressive though.

Comment

*kills boss*

"The End"

... "Continue to Nightmare mode?"

lol... Honestly that would probably be preferable to some lengthy exposition.

Comment

Going a step ahead - regarding epilogue and forecast ... do you already a vision for the upcoming expansions? You are in a similar situation as Mrs Rowling was. She plotted all 7 books before she started any writing. Especially the first part is full with future references. Would be shame, if you had to rewrite the lore (like Blizzard did for WoW), just to fit in upcoming content in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Betrayer View Post
                        *kills boss*

"The End"

... "Continue to Nightmare mode?"

lol... Honestly that would probably be preferable to some lengthy exposition.
                        Done and DONE!

Comment

Done and DONE!
                          Oh, nooooo *sob*

Comment

I don't mind if you want to have some text explain how it all ends after we kill the big boss, but I'd appreciate it if the text thingy would go away and shut up when we click on it. At least after we've already unlocked Epic with that character? When you're running Typhon in TQ, it's kinda tedious having to sit through Zeus babbling about how awesome you are, over and over again.
                            The Rani

Comment

Well, as far as my knowledge on games go. No matter how long any animation or ending or whatever it is is, as long as you can well... press some key to skip it, we are fine, but having to see the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad infintum. gets boring eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X