X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kick starter project

So I did some math and it turns out if the project in not receiving a minimum of $3,333 a day we will not reach our goal. Since funding seems to get slower and slower each day I prupose a a series of events to get this game the attention it deserves. What do I mean by events? Well we should scheduale events when the entire forums attacks a site to inform and introduce this game to others. So I really want to know what you guys think what can we do because I was hoping to go over the goal so they can add even more content!
    Last edited by Lex; 05-01-2012, 01:53 AM.

Originally posted by Lex View Post
    So I did some math and it turns out if the project in not receiving a minimum of $3,333 a day we will not reach our goal. Since funding seems to get slower and slower each day I prupose a a series of events to get this game the attention it deserves. What do I mean by events? Well we should scheduale events when the entire forums attacks a site to inform and introduce this game to others. So I really want to know what you guys think what can we do because I was hoping to go over the goal so they can add even more content!
    Well the AMA takes place tomorrow so what we should all do is upvote it. (Keep in mind you can ask questions but don't spam the page apparently if your new and say senseless crap its spam :P

I'm fine with stuff like that. We've been trying out best to top comment youtubes etc. I think we really need to reach out to big name youtubers such as TB / Yogscast maybe a few others? TB standing behind Nekro made them skyrocket to their goal.
    Blood for the Blood god!

Comment

Originally posted by Hypercrazy View Post
      Well the AMA takes place tomorrow so what we should all do is upvote it. (Keep in mind you can ask questions but don't spam the page apparently if your new and say senseless crap its spam :P

I'm fine with stuff like that. We've been trying out best to top comment youtubes etc. I think we really need to reach out to big name youtubers such as TB / Yogscast maybe a few others? TB standing behind Nekro made them skyrocket to their goal.
      Oh really I havent heard of the AMA can you tell me more about it? Like where I have to go to vote and stuff. And sorry If I post a lot I jus have a ton of ideas an really want this game to succeed :P

Comment

Oh really I havent heard of the AMA can you tell me more about it? Like where I have to go to vote and stuff. And sorry If I post a lot I jus have a ton of ideas an really want this game to succeed :P
        No needs for a sorry ha. I'm trying my best to promote this via forums / reddit / youtube emails just about anything I can do. I want this thing to succeed and far beyond and I'm sure everyone on these forums do as well.

The (IAmA) which stands for I am a "blank" where you post in the reddit community and tell them a little bit about your previous experience your new project and then answer questions. Basically a Q&A. I believe Medierra said he would start it sometime tomorrow morning afternoon. I'm sure he will post the link on forums as well as the Kickstarter page so look for it tomorrow.
        Blood for the Blood god!

Comment

How about just make better rewards for the tiers?

Comment

No needs for a sorry ha. I'm trying my best to promote this via forums / reddit / youtube emails just about anything I can do. I want this thing to succeed and far beyond and I'm sure everyone on these forums do as well.

The (IAmA) which stands for I am a "blank" where you post in the reddit community and tell them a little bit about your previous experience your new project and then answer questions. Basically a Q&A. I believe Medierra said he would start it sometime tomorrow morning afternoon. I'm sure he will post the link on forums as well as the Kickstarter page so look for it tomorrow.
            Same here man. I've commented on every new video each of the popular gamers such as bluexephos, Athene, TB, tobygames etc... Still no luck in reaching them hopefully they'll hear me out or others posting comments on their vids about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard View Post
              The tiers are actually pretty damn good not gonna lie one thing I think will get more pledges is lower the cost of alpha and beta access currently it's 50$ which is what I'm planning on pledging as soon as my dad comes back home in a few days!!!

Comment

What would you suggest? I've been seeing a lot of "make better tiers today"
                Blood for the Blood god!

Comment

The tiers are actually pretty damn good not gonna lie one thing I think will get more pledges is lower the cost of alpha and beta access currently it's 50$ which is what I'm planning on pledging as soon as my dad comes back home in a few days!!!
                  Good for you then
                  I feel that $50 is not worth it for a $20 game just with alpha and beta, but nevermind.

What would you suggest? I've been seeing a lot of "make better tiers today"
                  I would suggest $35 for all the things in the $35 tier + alpha
                  If that happens, I would buy it.

Comment

Good for you then
                    I feel that $50 is not worth it for a $20 game just with alpha and beta, but nevermind.

I would suggest $35 for all the things in the $35 tier + alpha
                    If that happens, I would buy it.
                    I can't believe that the game is only going to be 20$ I mean that's the price of TQ right now and it's old. Hopefully this will help make this game the next top ARPG

Comment

The "falling off" is natural on Kickstarter projects. Here's a graph on the funding of succesful kickstarter projects over time:

Grim Dawn seems to be in that line. I predict that they average 7k-8k a day, until the end, when the funding suddenly increases. Personally, I have no doubt they reach their goal.

Ofcourse, every extra penny is worth it, so my comment is not meant to discourage you or anyone else from promoting Grim Dawn (Crate still needs the money), but to stop you from worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by yerkyerk View Post
                        The "falling off" is natural on Kickstarter projects. Here's a graph on the funding of succesful kickstarter projects over time:

Grim Dawn seems to be in that line. I predict that they average 7k-8k a day, until the end, when the funding suddenly increases. Personally, I have no doubt they reach their goal.

Ofcourse, every extra penny is worth it, so my comment is not meant to discourage you or anyone else from promoting Grim Dawn (Crate still needs the money), but to stop you from worrying.
                        Why would the funding suddenly increase? Just wondering.

Comment

I assume that's mainly because it's the last chance for people to get in. They've been pondering for the entire Kickstarter, postponing it. When the end nears, they want to be in. I also think this can be fuelled by the project devs that offer a good update/tier a few days before the end.

Anyway, Crate's doing a good job with updating the Kickstarter, which assures continued activity. There might be a few spikes as they bring out updates, but I reckon there's not going to be anything too fancy. With 56k to go, I estimate we're looking at 7 days from now till this gets 100% funded.

Comment

Maybe Crate will do something just like Nekro did and add a teir or two that will interest alot of people with a few days left in the project if it doesnt look like they will hit the mark (which i cant see them not) by the end of it.
                            You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

We've averaged around 7k a day the worst days seem to be Sunday. Last Sunday we only got close to 6k but yesterday we hit over 9k with over 200 backers which was the best day since the 24th. With new updates it just allows us to post the word and people take a look at whats new. They are more prone to looking into updates then just the actual advertisement of the game.
                              Blood for the Blood god!

Comment

Working...
                              X