Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The name of the legendary fire weapon

Hello.

I was remembering that in Titan Quest there were many references to movies and books about mythology and history. As the tunica of Russel Crow in Gladiator that is the same of the player male and female:

Yesterday I was watching the Ultimate Hellsing Ova chapter 6, and the weapons of Seras Victoria take mi atention:

Hellsing ARMS Can Anti-Midian, "Harkonnen".

This made reference to Varon Harkonnen from the Dune saga. My idea is that the firearms could call or refer to books and movies like the example above.

What do you think of that?

YES!

I think that subtle, tongue-in-cheek reference to other dev favourite things (that aren't too campy; see Sacred 1 Jason Items and the rigamarole to get to them) are a good idea.

Or even, not showing but victorian era contemporary figures making item appearances:

Bismarck's Unifier
    Long Barrel Rifle
    130 - 135 damage
    40% piercing
    10% chance to cast when attacking
    Unification

The idea isn't to derail the thread, but to example that it could be used effectively to add mood to the game.
    It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
    It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
    I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Malpheas View Post
      Bismarck's Unifier
      Long Barrel Rifle
      130 - 135 damage
      40% piercing
      10% chance to cast when attacking
      Unification
      I know this is a little late (by about 2 years ), but that sounds like an awesome reference Malpheas! And an awesome weapon name too! Good job!
      Younghappy

Edit: I wonder what that skill could be if this were to make it into GD?.. Hmm, ideas?
      [KS] Digital Collector's Edition + Expansion
      I wanted that massively stylish George Washington in-game powdered wig

Salute of the Fallen HC Player
      Yet there is beauty in death! Ave, Grim Dawn, morituri te salutant!

Comment

Is it not that mental attack which sets aggro to zero and changes faction to player's, eventually turning the wounded into a trusted and zealous ally up to the death ?

If it resists the effect however, the target gets berserk (regains health and energy) and is immune to any subsequent mental attack.

Comment

That actually sounds pretty cool, Haaznahnuf! The fact that the skill also has a trade-off to using it (the enemy being invincible to mind attacks if he resists Unification) is a wicked idea!

Comment

Based on the image below, here's an outline of what the weapon could be like

Bismarck's Unifier*
            "Blood and Iron"**
            55-135 Physical Damage
            40% Armor Piercing
            Speed: Slow

95.0 Damage Per Second

+?% Total Damage
            ? Bleeding Damage over ? Seconds
            ?-? Bleed Damage
            +? OA

Grants Skill :

Unification***

* A reference to Otto von Bismarck, unifier of the German states into an Empire

** "Blood and Iron" is the name of possibly Bismarck's most famous speech, which I quote below:
            [Germany] must concentrate its strength and hold it for the favorable moment, which has already come and gone several times. Since the treaties of Vienna, our frontiers have been ill-designed for a healthy body politic. Not through speeches and majority decisions will the great questions of the day be decided - that was the great mistake of 1848 and 1849 - but by iron and blood
            Stirring stuff, eh? The last bit (in bold) really is an epic line

*** A pretty obvious reference to the Unification of Germany, hence the name Unification. And appropriate too, on a Bismarck-themed weapon

Anyway, I really do hope this weapon makes it in, its wickedly cool!
            Good job Malpheas!
            Cheers,
            Younghappy
            Last edited by Younghappy; 08-19-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X