X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teleportation skill (does damage)

wondering if there could be a teleportation skill that does damage. Not phantom strike mind you like in TQIT, but where you actually teleport instantly to the enemy, do damage, and teleport back from where you came from.

maybe allow it to pull your friends out of tight places?

Sounds like it would be difficult to balance. Doing phantom strike sort of damage and then going back to safety instantly seems sort of overpowered. It would have to do far less than any sort of devastating damage to be "fair". I was quite happy with how phantom strike worked anyway. I don't think you really need to teleport out...
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

Originally posted by Kluga View Post
      Sounds like it would be difficult to balance. Doing phantom strike sort of damage and then going back to safety instantly seems sort of overpowered.
      I always hated phantom strike when it didn't work because your teammates killed the guy you were targeting... you would just appear and do no damage which was pretty ridiculous.

in my perspective, if people can use throwing knives, fire orbs, lightning etc from far away doing considerable damage, why can't someone teleport? it will be the range attack of a class.

Comment

Originally posted by irk View Post
        I always hated phantom strike when it didn't work because your teammates killed the guy you were targeting... you would just appear and do no damage which was pretty ridiculous.
        So... just speed up the character speed while in "phantom" mode... Easy fix instead of trying to balance a TP skill. I never use phantom strike as my first attack anyway, I dunno why anyone actually WOULD. It's so slow. Just use warwind, shield charge or take down if you have one of those masteries. (if you're using phantom strike, chances are you are using one of those masteries.) Much better for rushing using those skills and finish it up with PS when you're up close.

I don't mind a TP skill, don't get me wrong. As a matter of fact, TQ had TWO unused TP skills. One was probably unused cause you could access impossible areas (mountain tops, bottoms of the rivers, black spots, ugly stuff) and the other cause you swapped places with an enemy...even if it was a turret making it kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
          I never use phantom strike as my first attack anyway, I dunno why anyone actually WOULD.
          I did when playing multiplayer because everyone else would kill everything before my guy would get there with their range and AoEs

single player, like you said, I would use when I was close

I guess having a faster teleport would be a fix for my hated PS. PS was boring because it moved slow, if it was instantaneous, it would have been a million times cooler.

Comment

Diablo 3 already has this skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh6OZh9zPJ4
            "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Working...
            X