HOMEGAME GUIDEMEDIAFORUMBuy Now!CRATE

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Race and Class Questions

    Is it possible to pick a race? If so, could you add an undead race with special skills.

    If not, would it be possible to have a spell that turns the player permanently undead with advantages and disadvantages unless they cast another spell?

    Also, would you please add a teleportation spell that allows the player to put a one or more marker somewhere and teleport to them if need be?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    And while you're at it, might as well make a starter item that makes you fly.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SusaPhone View Post
      Is it possible to pick a race? If so, could you add an undead race with special skills.

      If not, would it be possible to have a spell that turns the player permanently undead with advantages and disadvantages unless they cast another spell?

      Also, would you please add a teleportation spell that allows the player to put a one or more marker somewhere and teleport to them if need be?

      Thank you.
      although a teleportation spell could prove very tactical and effective, don't you think making the player undead would make it seriously difficult to balance? it would be easier to deal with a flying player than one who is immune to most of the resistances...

      Comment


      • #4
        I think both suggestions would be overpowered, so not really in favour of seeing either in the game
        Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

        Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

        Comment


        • #5
          my favorite TQ skills are movement based ones, (Shield Charge, Phantom Strike, Take Down) so i'd love to see a combat teleportation type skill. Maybe not multiple points but the ability to teleport to either an enemy or a cursor selected location. That would be a lot of fun.
          XBL Gamertag: TheDukeOfBeef
          ---------------------------
          i welcome the zombie apocalypse

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by matthewfarmery View Post
            I think both suggestions would be overpowered, so not really in favour of seeing either in the game
            I agree 100%
            Legendary Key Holder Upgraded - Digital Deluxe Edition

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by alucidzombie View Post
              my favorite TQ skills are movement based ones, (Shield Charge, Phantom Strike, Take Down) so i'd love to see a combat teleportation type skill. Maybe not multiple points but the ability to teleport to either an enemy or a cursor selected location. That would be a lot of fun.
              I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom Strike from TQIT, if it made a return I can't say I'd be upset.

              Comment


              • #8
                Teleportation Spell

                I wanted the teleportation spell because I hate walking back through the jungle after a quest. I just want to be able to teleport back to a town or out of a dungeon or something.

                For the undead spell or race, it could have weaknesses, such as heal spells don't work and it has to be healed another way.

                Just thoughts.


                Thank you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SusaPhone View Post
                  I wanted the teleportation spell because I hate walking back through the jungle after a quest. I just want to be able to teleport back to a town or out of a dungeon or something.
                  In most ARPG's there is a way to teleport back to town. Titan Quest for instance had a waypoint system like Diablo 2, as well as a free portal stone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    and probably will be a similar system for GD, so I don't think anything extra or OP is needed
                    Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

                    Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SusaPhone View Post
                      I wanted the teleportation spell because I hate walking back through the jungle after a quest. I just want to be able to teleport back to a town or out of a dungeon or something.
                      Well, (I assume) you will be able to portal to a town and back to the location you last portaled from, that was in TQ already.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well, i imagined a teleportation like phantom strike without the damage, obviously. when you're surrounded, you can teleport a few metres away, and enemies in the vicinity are stunned for a period of time. this would enable you to perhaps handle the situation again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As others have mentioned, you will be able to teleport back to designated locations, so this should prevent a lot of back-tracking. Currently we have no respawn shrines in Grim Dawn and instead have provided a lot more teleport locations. I think this will better enable people to get to regions of the world they want to replay and is a better fit for our more open-world layout.

                          In TQ the movement skills are specifically based on moving toward an enemy and require a clear path so as to prevent them from being exploitable / over-powered. I felt that the teleport ability in D2 made the sorceress unbelievable overpowered in terms of being able to rush through the game or perform loot runs since you could easily teleport through walls, over rivers, and past enemies.

                          I think such a skill could potentially be balanced through a longer cooldown or by making the destination randomized, so that is a possibility. Any skill that ignores level boundaries though is an extra burden on design.

                          I think races could be cool but it is a whole new feature that would require a ton of work. I'd like to make a game where race is an option at some point but I don't think it will be GD.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You could always make a skill that allows players to teleport-run (10000% movement speed to targetted destination combined with unitwalking), so you get the same effect as teleporting, without allowing the player to pass through barriers.

                            And random teleportation seems more like a troll-skill, heh. It'd be fun to have such a troll class for April's fool, but other than a few giggles that'd be a complete waste of time

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by yerkyerk View Post
                              You could always make a skill that allows players to teleport-run (10000% movement speed to targetted destination combined with unitwalking), so you get the same effect as teleporting, without allowing the player to pass through barriers.)
                              Hmm, yes, perhaps we could call it something like... PHANTOM STRIKE!1!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X