Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class idea: Elder

Just putting down some thoughts...

Synopsis: The Elder has been around for longer than anyone can remember, has a deep understanding and knowledge of the land and the ways of the monsters, is a recluse and shy, but has an unnerving aura of power.
    This character sits back from battle, controlling the minds of monsters and summoning ghost of his old warrior comrades to fight for him thorugh sheer willpower and wisdom.

Skill areas:

Wise old man/girl: Play with the minds of enemies. I.e. fear/confusion/mind control (remote controlled monsters). Can make the shadows 'come alive' where the monsters are attacked by shadowy creatures their own minds have created.

Summoning: Through a sharp mind and deep knowledge of the world, spirits of the fallen soldiers are summoned forth to fight. They are fairly weak, but will wear and use the Elder's equipment while fighting so can become very powerful. Essentially this is the pet skill for the character, but instead it is ghostly spirits pulled through to almost human form (magic damage). They can use the Elder's melee weapon while the Elder shots from afar.

What lies beneath: Weapons are enhanced with the Elders skills in using natural materials and poisons etc from the land.
    He/she can 'encourage' the land to create quicksand/bogs/rockwalls for protection/entrapment.

Clearly not very fleshed out yet, but thoughts?

Not very good imo...like the child this suffers from the same issue right out the gate. You choose your character model prior to class and there's no age determination anyways.

Beyond that playing as an old man doesn't sound that fun, at least not with the skill listed and the general concept.
    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

An Elder class doesn't fit GD's premise: A few survivors have begun to exhibit strange new abilities after surviving possession or exposure to the warp. These unnatural powers are feared by some but give many new hope of launching a resistance to fight the "outsiders" and reclaim what's left of their world. Apart from that you can assign the suggested skills to any other class.

Comment

May i add another idea? coz i was wondering maybe an elementalist

Comment

8Ryan8, we all get carried away once in a while and are not picky here ... but you are doing yourself a disservice with your off-topic posts.

Anyway - see Mastery idea; Wizardry ... and don't be shy, start your own threads.

Comment

Working...
          X